IGNORED

Need some Triple Mikuni guys with A:F meters installed to test Franck Hypojets

conedodger

You heard it, Keith Franck is ready to fabricate some Emulsion tubes for Mikuni carbs after getting a Mikuni to model from our friend Silverstreak. He has Silverstreak testing one set for sure but if you have A:F meter installed fess up and you could be part of this test. Here's a clue! These work amazingly on Webers!

"Ready to fab some tubes but I've got one more hurdle to clear. The leadscrew on my lathe won't turn metric threads so I'll have to try using a M11x1 die for the male thread. I'm hoping to do it in a single pass without tearing up the brass threads. This is where it could go all wrong.:-(

I'll need some volunteers to test these tubes. Preferably someone that has an AFM with logging capability."

-Keith Franck

Edited by conedodger

You heard it, Keith Franck is ready to fabricate some Emulsion tubes for Mikuni carbs.

"Ready to fab some tubes but I've got one more hurdle to clear. The leadscrew on my lathe won't turn metric threads"

I can cut metric threads. Tell Keith if he doesn't want to risk damaging the parts with a die, I can single point some for him.

I'm running a set of 44's with AFM. I'd be happy to help out.

You're in Steve... That makes three. We've got Bill (Silverstreak) Steve (Madkaw) Steve (Steve91tt). I will send you a PM Steve in Houston. I already sent one to the Madkaw! Silverstreak is local to Keith and loaned him one of his Mikunis to make this possible. If you haven't already, join Sidedraft Central on Yahoo Groups. Keith tends to communicate with a mix of public group discussion and personal emails. It would be great if you guys were to publically discuss what results you get here too.... Except Silverstreak, he doesn't post anything anywhere. 8)

So I let Keith know that we had three volunteers and this was his response:

Three fools, scratch that, volunteers is fine.:D

My son strongly urged me to make sure the bubble pumping effect works for other carburetors before releasing my e-tube paper so I need the data.

-Keith Franck

You will find that Keith has a very healthy sense of humor! Contact him as soon as you can. Identify that you are a Z car Mikuni guy and that Rob and Leon told you to contact him. He will send you what you need to install and tell you what to do. You can ask questions directly on Side_draft Central or here. Leon for sure, and I have a pretty good working understanding of these things. Good luck! Hope these things work as well for you as they work on the Webers!

By the way, I know Steve in Houston has an A:F ratio set up. If Steve in Indiana doesn't, I will show you some pictures of my set up here. It isn't that expensive. Prices for Innovate set-ups keep dropping. As you can see, I welded the bung to the inboard side of the header. I ran the wiring across the top of the firewall on the engine side and entered the cockpit through the passenger side. The rest, you can see. I wanted to be able to hide it so everything looks original.

post-16545-14150820971828_thumb.jpg

post-16545-14150820972079_thumb.jpg

post-16545-14150820972332_thumb.jpg

post-16545-14150820972576_thumb.gif