IGNORED

A very clean 260z for sale. What do you think?

CW240Z

No willingness to part with anyones money. IF I was in the market for one of these cars and IF I really likedt the way this car looked and really wanted it-would it be worth the asking price from what I can see via the internet. I'd say a 260z done that well-regardless of the personalization is worth that kind of money. I would think we all hope the cars are worth that money:)

The car does look nicely done, but $15K? Please pass the pipe. Great car for halloween, but a 260 in a non original color? I'm not doubting for a second that he has more than that into the car, and there may be a buyer out there at that price (you only need one) but I would not say that that would establish "market" value for that car.

I don't know if I would need to smoke the pipe to pay close to the asking price. I have been watching the 'market' intently here lately to figure how to market the 71 I am redoing now. A really well preserved early model will fetch over 10k and will need something done to it. That something always involves money-and usually something is called minor, but means suspension work, or interior work,etc...

Now to the perspective of the do-it yourselfer, this car might seem high priced, but for the guy who wants to turn key and go and only wants to perform regular maintenance, than the price isn't bad--IIIIFFFFFFF-the personalization of the car is something the buyer likes.

Let's also eliminate the fact that it is a dealer. Yes he probably has room to wiggle, and hell yes I would wiggle all I could. So it's a Z person that poured his heart and soul into this car and no stone is left unturned, than I can see the value(not setting any general market values) being close to 15k--IMHO

Are you looking for a daily driver or an investment/garage queen eye candy car?

For the money, right now current prices, you're probably at the top of value range on this orange one. If you drive it, the daily wear and tear

will hurt the value.

How about a middle of the road car like this nice 71 240 for $9500?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-Datsun-240Z-/230850489681?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item35bfc2ed51

unrestored but yet nice and if you're looking for long term investment value i think the 240 has the most value.

Unrestored means no silly putty or bondo covering something bad. I'de rather buy something that has old paint so that

you can see what you're getting.

My favorite quote "As you aware if you are looking at this car, these cars rust if you spit on the ground beside"

Edited by hr369

I'm not in the market for a car. I just came across the 260z and thought it was a very nice one. Probably the cleanest one I've ever seen. That 1 series is awesome too. The history and originality of that car would make it a fair sale at $9500 IMO. I hope both cars go to a good home.

Chase

I like to see high prices on Z's, this 260 to duplicate, will cost more than the New Car Dealership asking/price tag. Yes the 15 Large + or - is a fair amount if car looks that good on a lift, no rust , all running gear in top shape, etc. If I was on the hunt, at a car dealer, with cash , I will tray hard to drop that price ......FWIW :cool:

Edited by 72 OJ

I've seen those hood vents before but unsure where they came from. My turbo Z donor had different but similar ones. Anyone know? And along those lines, the car on Arizona Z has vents in the fenders that I find pretty cool, sort of gils. Anyone know where those came from? Would like to incorporate some of that into my turbo 280 car. Since I have a 240 that is purist approved, I'd like to have my 280 make purists groan :cool:

This dealership is about 3 miles away, so I drove over there just now to take a peek. It wasn't there. Seems there's an electrical drain that poops out a battery in two days, so it's off to a shop that "might" know something about early Z electrics. I did get to see the rebuild album, though, and it was quite the job. The car was originally a light brown in color. Taken down to bare metal everywhere. Floors looked great in the photos.

The engine was completely rebuilt, Z Therapy SUs. I saw a receipt from Mr. Z in ABQ, but most of the work was done in Austin, Texas. The salesfolk said they'd call me when they had the car back.