IGNORED

Lemon Carb Cleaning

240260280z

Some good news to redeem this thread. Lemon juice works great on cleaning brass jets, correctors and e-tubes from side draft carbs. I just tried it in a dish and place the parts in it and swished around. The black deposits and corrosion disappeared and they brightened right up. I then heated the lemon juice in a microwave and it worked a little faster.

A neat benefit is that it unsticks tight holders, jets and air correctors. They loosen up and can be easily disconnected by hand when some previously needed a tool to separate.

Edited by Blue

Comparison with original and dipped/soaked for 2 hours and just dried.

The orange/copper colour lessens through hand rubbing with a cloth and a brilliant yellow shine appears .

Sad to see one of the 6 F11 e-tubes is an F2 LOL... I bet the PO had fun tuning.

I also noticed the lemon juice did not remove crust in the grooves of the accelerator pump piston. I think ultrasonic cleaning in a solvent and a mild acid like the lemon juice would be best form of cleaning.

post-7641-14150826055247_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blue

Household vinegar works great on copper, brass and bronze, not so well with aluminum, it is the difference from citric acid in the lemon juice & acetic acid in the vinegar. Gives any copper based object a new look if you don't want an aged patina. :)

Bonzi Lon

• 8 months later...