IGNORED

I spy a z!

madkaw

Remember the game I spy?

I recently did a cross country from Alabama to Colorado. I spied 4 Z's en route. I'll post pictures when I have cellphone coverage.

The latest is a raspberry or purple 280Z in Bayfield Colorado. I drove it on a test drive years ago but couldn't live with the color, despite the nice condition body.

The saddest Z I've ever seen lies in a field next to a volunteer firestation somewhere south of Corinth Mississippi. Photos to follow. There was absolutely not ONE useable part swipeable off this junker, even the t-tops were cracked.

Saw a nice dark gray 240Z today.

Also spotted a 79 280ZX in a JY here. Still has engine and transmission. Car used leaded fuel based on no restrictor under gas cap so must have softer bronze valve seats? Transmission seems to be a 4 speed at least when I shifted it I couldn't find a 5th gear. Reddish orange in color. Stripped instruments but Master Vac is still there removed but laying inside car for some reason. Casual inspection didn't reveal damage. Both side mirrors are still there. Missing driver's glass. No seats, no steering wheel or radio, no decals. Plastic tail light assemblies there but one has a small broken spot. Rear view mirror there but plastic holder has a broken corner, glass looked ok. Blurry cell phone picture of engine. RIP.

post-18366-14150823473673_thumb.jpg

post-18366-14150823473937_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mikes Z car

240Z's are fairly rare around where I live. Yesterday I saw the remains of some 240Zs that had been cut up for further parting out. Today I saw a light green 240Z with faded paint going the other way down the road. The window in my DD has to be encouraged to go down through the use of a hand so I couldn't get the window down fast enough to give the car a thumbs up. I just stuck my hand out the window and wiggled the fingers. Heh heh.

Edited by Mikes Z car

I was in Lompoc, CA today and the first Datsun I saw was a silver 510 with Panasports making a right turn.

On the way back, there was this house I had driven by before and I thought I saw 3 or 4 Z's parked... today there were only 2:

zedslompoc.jpg

Saw the same orange Z today flying down the S-101. I noticed it had fender mirrors!

imagejpeg21r.jpg

Not so, m'lady! WILBY Z is driven every day! i guess the south side isn't your general area...

I NEVER see you driving around in my area -- northern Peninsula and southern Middle peninsula! ;)

"brown and butterscotch,, possibly my all time favorite. call me odd i guess.

Mine too, same as my first '77. Sigh...

Ah, gee... I was going to announce the car on this list, but the guy who was selling it had a LOT less patience than I though he would. I told a neighbor who wanted a Z like mine, and he had handed the car over to the dealership even before she could even look at it. Well, if I ever see another one, I'll let y'all know.

I was using Google street view to look at a potential rental house for a temporary work assignment and when I spun the Google Man around there was an orange S30 Z in the driveway directly across the street. Might just be a good neighborhood...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Remember the game I spy? Well this is the Z-car version!

Purple 280ZX in Bayfield Colorado. I drove this one awhile back when it was for sale out by the "Hogs are beautiful" ranch. Seemed to be lacking some power. I'd have bought it but that color...ugh!

White 280Z? in the VI Grissom HS parking lot in Huntsville Alabama, see it roaring up and down Bailey Cove road now and then.

I've seen a late (turbo/) white 280ZX in and around Durango, Colorado, once parked at Trimble Hot Springs?

A blue / gray? 240 or 280 outside Publix grocery on Whitesburg Road, seems like it's an employees vehicle. Picture attached...

Yours???

post-26864-14150824297706_thumb.jpg

Is this only for s30s and s130s? Because I see 350z's every day... LOL Oh and also bonus points for getting your Z in the shot? ;) Just kidding...

I saw this 1973 parked in the school parking lot. I had already parked elsewhere before I spotted it... so naturally I had to park next to it. I left the guy a "nice Z" note and offered him a spare hood emblem I had for the Z :cool:

For reference, mine is the white 240z!

Edit: I know of a many more around, but I'll try to snap some shots to make the experience more vivid!

it's very kind of u offering another Z owner a badge :) +1