IGNORED

Should I sell it

MotoManMike

I'm seriously pondering selling my one Z, its the newset Z to me but i'm really thinking about it. Its a 73, with round top Su's with a Reman L-28 block. Car runs phenominal, a little hard starting but they all seem to be a little. The car is in good shape. Needs some body work, some of the paint is starting to bubble on the bottom of the doors but over all in good shape. My issue is I keep seeing all these super super clean cars and I keep striving for it but i'll never get there unless I do a total restoration. The car didn't set me back a whole lot. I have a turbo motor i was planning to swap in but i'd like a cleaner car for the swap. I'm not sure which route to go, what do you guys think? Its the car in my garage with the "240Z" vinyl striping across the bottom. I'd replace it with another Z, one with less body work needed, obviously i'd pay more for it but i'm not sure which route to go. I plan on keeping my rusted to hell Z, even though it looks beat up, its a beast to drive. Handles great, engine pulls seriously hard and I feel much more confident driving it than I do this one i guess because of all the upgrades. This one i'm just not that excited about and can't figure out why.

Given time and $, I'd probably do a ground up resto on the 73, hold onto for a while after the resto is complete and then sell it, you might be looking at some serious $ on the resale if done to a moderate level of restoration with quality parts, paint,etc. Just my 2 cents.

My issue is I keep seeing all these super super clean cars and I keep striving for it but i'll never get there unless I do a total restoration.
Trust me, if you want a really nice 240Z, you'll be far, far ahead to find and buy one that is already nice. BTDT. You'll spend more to make a so-so car nice than it is worth on today's market. Better to start with a car that is solid, and almost where you want it to be.

Trust me, if you want a really nice 240Z, you'll be far, far ahead to find and buy one that is already nice. BTDT. You'll spend more to make a so-so car nice than it is worth on today's market. Better to start with a car that is solid, and almost where you want it to be.

Mike, the Porsche, ex Z, soon to be a Z owner again guy hit it on the nail , seek the best, you work hard and deserve it my friend ;),Sell it, this is the proper time, Ebay it, C L it, put in on RT 50 with a 4sale sign :classic:

Edited by 72 OJ