IGNORED

Newest addition to the garage.

Diseazd

Mitch......I'm going back with a 4 speed.....Eiji gave me the tranny out of his white car. The 390 ought to be sweet.....let me know what you think of it.

Carl......You bet I'm enjoying it ....... restoring a car with no rust or abuse is as it should be. I'm having a ball. Note the yellow A on the diff.....I left that alone.....I assume the Datsun folks put that on it because it was an automatic (3:54) ......right?

Blue.....Thanks for the encouragement.......I can't wait to see how that new combo motor feels.....it ought to be sweet!

Edited by Diseazd

Guy. Your car is looking terrific. Earlier in this thread, you mentioned changing to Eibach springs for this car with Tokiko strut inserts if I remember correctly. Since the springs with this car only have 25k on them, did you consider leaving the original springs? What drove your decision? How would you characterize the Eibach spring ride/handling/ride height characteristics compared to stock? I am having this internal debate on the 25k mile refresh I am doing.

Thanks

Jonathan......The Eibachs give you a smooth ride but "get down" a little better in the curves. Also, Eibachs lower the car anywhere from 1/2 to 1 inches. Tokico shocks are far superior to the original shock struts.......no comparison....and the ride is nice too. Regards. Guy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...