IGNORED

Days and Days of searching, I need help please?!

RyuZ32

I know that the pump only gets power when the key is in start or while on. While turning the key i pulled the fuel line and placed it into a gatorade bottle to confirm the gas, its not coming out. The pump does not prime when you turn the key to ON. While turning the key no fuel is coming out of the lines, my sparks are dry and ive pulled lines off the fuel rail. NO fuel is coming out. Pulled the fuel pump and hot wired it to a batt and heard it going, problem is finding the correct relay to check it. Ive debated just wiring it to a switch if i cannot find the actual relay.

Alrighty. Just trying to understand. The fuel pump relay is one half of the 1x1x2" silver relay by the hood latch release lever. The other half is the EFI relay. Power is supplied through one of the four fusible links under the hood. Maybe you blew a link.

Edit- that's three for checking the link. You might check the bundle of connectors right next to the passenger seat, between the door and the seat, under the carpet, also. One of those connections is for power to the pump.

Edited by Zed Head

Hey Zed, all good thanks. The under the dash one I have already fixed, I did mess up one the Fusible links in those plastic covers but got a fusible link connection and built one to take its place due to the inability to locate one of those OEM ones. I have been searching and not quite finding the exact problem but read that wiring on the ALT can cause issues...is that true?

The Start circuit bypasses the alternator and oil pressure safety circuit and sends power to the pump. As I understand things. So disconnecting the starter wire and turning to Start should be testing the pump and wiring, without the alternator or oil pressure interfering.

When you pulled the hose and looked for fuel, are you sure the pump wasn't running? Maybe the pump was running but no fuel was pumping for a different reason.

The green wire with a white connector on each end, from the positive terminal is the EFI fusible link. I don't know if that would kill power to your pump or not. The wiring diagram shows power to the pump through one of the four under the covers, if I read it right.

I didnt notice any signs from the burnt links. Agreed Zed, but figuring out that reason is a challenge. I will try and fiddle with the wiring on thursday but If not I will probably run the switch for the fuel pump. So id have a push button start and a fuel pump switch..almost a race car (LOL kidding guys)