IGNORED

Days and Days of searching, I need help please?!

RyuZ32

The solenoid sounds like it is pulling in sharply, indicating the battery is charged. The new starter could be bad. Try testing it out of the car to make sure it spins when the solenoid pulls in.

The engine could be locked up. Make sure the engine turns easily by turning it with a wrench on the crank pulley.

Pull the battery off and the starter and take both of them to a local parts store and have them tested. They can load tset the battery. Even though it took a charge, it could be shorting across cells during loading.

They can also put the starter on the test stand - maybe the solenoid sounds like it's working, but it's not.

Again, it's essential to determine the state of your battery.

The (N)Everstart battery that's in te video is the one from my DD 300ZX, it's also only about 6 months old. I'm gonna buy new cables and terminals on Tuesday when I head back over to the shop. I also put a nice jump box on both batteries and got the same response. So I'm gonna try the new cables and terminals and maybe test the starter to see what happens.

Okay, so the battery is probably not the issue. Your next step would be to have the starter checked and the cables. You'll get it, just be methodical. Starter issues can be a pain because it is hard to get a good after market one these days. That was great advice to have your NEW starter checked before you leave the store.

"Odd whine sound"-like the the starter motor has spun around, but not attached to the motor in anyway?

Make sure the starter is installed correctly-no gaps between the starter and the bell housing-not cocked in anyway.

There isn't much else, but you can get a bad one right from the get go. Is it a Duralast?

When I needed a NEW starter, I finally gave up and bought a used one. The new ones all seem to grind and work imperfectly and the used one would be smooth and never miss a beat. IS almost like the remanufactured the engagement gear teeth were sized wrong and they wouldn't engage in the flywheel properly.

Bought an Ultima from O,reilly's and just now got it tested, tested amazingly 5 times. The stud on the solenoid were a bit lose so they said that might be an issue, gonna try this. If this fails what's next on the agenda fella's?

Does the engine turn over freely? Can you turn it over with the front pulley bolt?

Take all the spark plugs out and try to turn the motor over(clockwise looking straight at the front of the engine).

You really need to get a wiring schematic. I noticed that the white with red trace wire to the alternator was connected to the wrong place on the original photo it was corrected in the next photo of the alternator. With these mistakes you may have damaged some major components.

Well I fixed the wiring issues now I have discovered certain things. One, the motor would not turn, I took cylinder 1's spark plug out and tried to turn the crank, (ratchet on tighten) it did nothing. Two, the motor free spin before I installed it. When the car was towed to its new location to finish the engine install, for some reason the rear end fell out...literally. The bolts broke (yes it was neutral). Got the rear end put back in, could that maybe have damaged the transmission or linkage or something? It all worked before and before putting the motor in I could turn the rotating assembly. Any ideas?