IGNORED

Windows 7 Classic ZCar Theme

ZCurves

Fellow Zed-phomaniacs, I am considering creating a Classic ZCar Theme for Windows 7. I know that it is not a enormous feat to create a theme in Window 7, but there are NONE available and I did not want to scam random photos off of the web to create it. My plan is to get those interested members of the Forum to submit some sweet pics of their Z to me via a PM and I will chose the best 10 or so and assemble the theme. When I am done, I will upload the themes here and each will be free for the taking (and customizing). This would be an artistic endeavor of my own - I will not be copyrighting or selling anything. There might be several themes created from the collection of submitted photos. I do ask that if you PM your photos to me to please keep them 'clean' and be sure to include your name or handle so I can place it on the photo.

I will also be looking for sounds -from your Z Cars. I am thinking the Horn, the Turn-Signal (That's a classic sound), Starter, Twice-pipes, surprise me...In the end, we could have a collection of themes that are of OUR cars.

Edited by ZCurves

Sounds awesome, my car is in no condition to contribute ;) My favorite sound is the sound the shocks make when opening the rear hatch

That's superb! I forgot about that one. I will see about recording it.

My favorite is the Turn Signal, kind of like a spring -then the old school click....

Edited by ZCurves

Ah, don't forget the sound of shifting the gears (engine off)... I very much enjoy the notch/notch sound...

or the sound of the hood mechanism latching from the safe position to fully closed (I assume no one here just slams the hood from fully open to closed, so you should know what I mean)

It took me a lot of fiddling grinding, adjusting and shimming, but my '78 hood latch is now just right. I actually can shut the hood in one motion. I used to have to hold the handle up a bit to get the first catch.

The best Z sound is the intake sounds from triple carbs. I miss my triples. :disappoin