IGNORED

Post your engine bay / engine detail pics.

oranngetang

The heater hoses are not plugged. I'll have to look into how the shop didn't the plumbing. The car is not on the road yet. But the interior is about 80% complete. I hope to have it on the road in the next few months.

Thanks for bringing this item to my attention.

Fixitman

After seeing the attached article in Sports Car Graphic (May 1984), I purchased the air cleaner from Jim Cook Racing back in the 80's. It takes a K&N filter for a Lamborghini Countach S. There is even enough room inside for the short Mikuni air horns. The cover attaches with dzus fasteners. Jim had a subcontractor that fabricated the air cleaners. I remember sending him the hole pattern for 40 mm Mukuni's to make up the mounting plate. I have not come across another one in the last 25 years.

Regards,

Fixitman

JimWolf-AirCleaner.pdf

Obvious, yes, I made the pipe out of copper sweat tubing. I love the looks of an EFI engine (especially the '75 non-EGR), but I hate the looks of that dorky hose hanging over the middle of the intake. The pipe was my solution. Hood clearance is a bit tight (1/4"?), but that's the same as most of the engine. BTW, I soldered several layers of bronze screening into one of the fittings as a flame arrestor.

mjr45, that's a stock heat shield in the '78. The '77/'78 model has a shield between the engine and the brakes (the one you're seeing), between the intake and exhaust manifolds (hidden), and surrounding the exhaust manifold (not visible because it's painted flat black).

Edited by FastWoman

Obvious, yes, I made the pipe out of copper sweat tubing.

Nice. I want to convert my 77 up the 78 design for the crankcase venting and AAR because I think it's a better system and should do a better job of keeping the AAR cleaner inside. One of the things that I don't have is the rubber hosing, and I agree with you that your design looks better than stock. I think I may plagiarize. Errr... I mean "flatter". :)

Just for a change of pace...

OK - here is my wife's engine bay. 1991 Thuderbird Super Coupe. Super Charged 3.8L V6. Original owner car with less than 10K original miles. I was getting some pictures together as she is going to sell it. She bought a new car and this one has to go to make room. I gave some thought to just pulling the engine and swapping it into one of my 240Z'sLOL

post-3609-14150818496202_thumb.jpg

post-3609-14150818496508_thumb.jpg

Now you can see how elegantly simple and clean the engine bay in a 240Z is...

FWIW,

Carl B.

BTW - if you know anyone that wants an all but new 21 year old limited produciton Super Coupe.. send them my way!! $15K ...

Obvious, if you reproduce mine, you need to know that the pipe ends with the elbow at the throttle body end. There is no little short tube beyond that. If you have a stub of a tube there, your hood clearance will be just a tad too tight. There's enough length to the elbow to insert into the short hose. Keep it all tight!