IGNORED

Post your engine bay / engine detail pics.

oranngetang

I'm in the process of re-finishing my engine components and cleaning up some over-spray in the bay itself. I would really like to see some what some of you guys have done with yours. I'm considering getting the valve cover and all front timing cover pieces, intake manifold and maybe the oil pan and exhaust header powder coated in a polished metal look. I've repainted the block to close to factory blue, but I'm not sure how good it would look with everything else assembled. Some of the sharpest looking bays I've stumbled across are silver or black blocks with body colored valve covers. I'll be posting pics as mine comes together.

Here is the current state of the motor. Its functional but i would like to clean things up a bit more. Those are Weber DVG carbs, the origional square mouth carbs were rusted out and beyond rebuilding. The Valve cover was sandblasted in the front yard, painted with BBQ paint and then i polished out the upper areas

post-23586-14150818412965_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys. I really like the flat/satin black valve cover with the silver letters look. For going completely stock, I don't think I've seen a cleaner bay than your motorman. I know ztherapy does some good carb/intake restoration, I can't imagine what you must have gone through the get all the emission stuff looking that clean. Amazing!

I on the other hand will be keeping the SU carbs, but capping the emissions stuff. The coolant flow-through lines on the carbs are rotted out and I bought an exhaust header. Has anyone done a braided fuel rail to replace the stock one? Mine is badly bent and will never looks nice and straight again.

Here is my contribution. On the engine stand, those are my original 4-screw carbs, redone by Z Therapy, with emission parts removed, and Nissan factory blue on the block. I cleaned up my valve cover with a very light wet sanding to remove all oxidation but not enough to polish it. I took a buffing wheel and jeweler's polish to the channels on the top of the cover and brought them up to a mirror finish. A Dremel tool was used to get into the crevices around the letters.

Oh... Kurbycar32 - pleaZZZe a little respect, these cars are not orange but are wonderful, beautiful, classic 920 Safari Gold. :D

Jim

post-22303-14150818427431_thumb.jpg

post-22303-14150818427697_thumb.jpg

Here is my contribution. On the engine stand, those are my original 4-screw carbs, redone by Z Therapy, with emission parts removed, and Nissan factory blue on the block.

The carbs look great. Did the engine run like a dream or did you need to do some tuning on your end to get it running well?

Diseazd, is the valve cover painted? It looks like it is. What method did you use to get the carbs to that finish? That's an achievable asthetic for me, I'm impressed.