IGNORED

Crunched Front End!

MPOWER

So, after removing the damaged parts, it looks like the radiator core support panel is slighly pushed in and needs to be replaced unless there is a way to cut in another good section because the hinges punched through it. The right fender is buckled, but I wonder if the mounting section can be repaired with a good one? The other parts are obviously 'toast'(See Carnage Pic). I'll have to bring it to a body shop to see what it's going to cost to pull out and straighten the right quarter area.

I'll get a close pic of the radiator core support tonight.

post-16909-14150818419108_thumb.jpg

post-16909-14150818419804_thumb.jpg

post-16909-14150818420393_thumb.jpg

post-16909-14150818421221_thumb.jpg

post-16909-14150818421885_thumb.jpg

I would save the right fender for the future. Sounds weird, but if fenders become hard to find, you will have this one that a good body-man could repair and reuse. From the pics it looks like the rest is finished. Be sure to save your fasteners.

I would save the right fender for the future. Sounds weird, but if fenders become hard to find, you will have this one that a good body-man could repair and reuse. From the pics it looks like the rest is finished. Be sure to save your fasteners.

Will do.

Save the hood latch.

Yes, for sure.

Here's how she looks with damaged parts removed...

post-16909-1415081843699_thumb.jpg

post-16909-14150818437638_thumb.jpg

post-16909-14150818438218_thumb.jpg

post-16909-14150818438807_thumb.jpg

post-16909-14150818439391_thumb.jpg

I'd start tappin'. I think the fender is reusable, you'll need to straighten out the front mounting piece and possibly spot weld it in a few spots. The thing you will learn about these cars is that the metal is so thin that it's not that difficult to straighten it back as long as you can reach both the front and back sides. If you have some hammers and dollies and practice, you can probably get it into better shape than most of the used parts that you'll find due to rust. The headlight and hood are cooked, but you can find decent ones with some searching.

Also, buy the book "The Key to Metal Bumping". It is a short book that you can read and then put into practice. Just make sure you start on one of pieces that you will not be reusing. Once you learn to read the damage you will know the order in which to press/tap the damage out so that you do not make more work for yourself.