IGNORED

BCDD removal

siteunseen

We still need to check how the vacuum advance is working, as it gets the vacuum through the BCDD.

I am 99% sure that the BCDD and the distributor's vacuum advance are not tied together. The distributor should be connected to its own ported vacuum source, on the throttle body.

• 2 weeks later...

Good to hear. Do you still use your dash pot? I took mine off for a short trip and didn't like the clunky feel while changing gears so I put it back on and found a small screw under the white cap for adjusting. It was holding my RPM's up about 300 more than idle so I had to pull the pedal up with my foot to bring it back down. Now it barely touches the linkage stop at idle. I've just about de-bugged everything finally.

As a summary, the BCDD was removed, a block-off plate was made and attached (with some RTV sealer and screws) and the distributor's vacuum advance was connected to one of the small tubes that are coming from the bottom of the throttle (test which works first.) I was considering drilling out or enlarging the vacuum hole in the throat, but I think you don't really need that much vacuum to operate the advance (for most driving types) so it was left as-is.

• 4 weeks later...
As a summary, the BCDD was removed, a block-off plate was made and attached (with some RTV sealer and screws) and the distributor's vacuum advance was connected to one of the small tubes that are coming from the bottom of the throttle (test which works first.) I was considering drilling out or enlarging the vacuum hole in the throat, but I think you don't really need that much vacuum to operate the advance (for most driving types) so it was left as-is.

Do you happen to have a picture of how it looks now? I'm thinking of doing this myself if it is possible.

Thanks

Jan