Door/window trim moulding pics - Page 2 - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Door/window trim moulding pics

Featured Replies

  • Author

Thanks Bonzi Lon, and mgood. Now I have what I need. :)

  • Author

Would like to see pics of the same W/S pieces on a 280 door. Same view and angle. The 280 window frame is different from the earlier 240 and 260 Z's

Make certain you have the door to fender seal because that will cause your car to leak into your floorboards pretty bad.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
Make certain you have the door to fender seal because that will cause your car to leak into your floorboards pretty bad.

Agreed, I had a small swimming pool on the passenger side till I found and installed the seal. I would not expect it to make that big of a difference but it did. Even here in Seattle. I think I got mine from MSA.

Edited by grantf

  • Author

Any special instructions grantf for installing the door to fender seal? Did you have to cut it?

I am not really an expert on this one, but I can tell you what I did: I simply installed it without glue using the three plastic rivets, then glued only the upper portion using loctite W/S adhesive as if it were contact cement. then I trimmed the "square" section down to match the area were the SS trim meet the door body. I can post a finished pic one I replace batteries in my camera.

  • Author

Ok, cool. I will check back. Thanks

Here's picture of weatherstrip on front part of door ........ area that slides under the fender!

post-1760-14150817891047_thumb.jpg

When I removed mine, I noted the factory had glued every square inch of each piece, had to be careful pealing off the small edges without tearing, and did not trim anything when they went back on. That little piece on the end can be confusing on how it fits. :)

Bonzi Lon

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.