IGNORED

Seeking dream car

280chaser

Hey guys,

I'm a young SSgt in the Air Force stationed in Texas. When i was young my mom owned a 1977 280z that was going to become by first car. Well, she wrecked it before i turned 16 and it was impossible for us (very poor) to restore. Ever since then it has been my dream to own a 280z. I'm in love with the car. If anyone is getting rid of a 280Z i can afford to pay 3,000 for it ( shipping will cost me around 1,200.) I wish i could offer more but with 2 kids that live 1600 miles away it costs me over $500 each time i want to visit them, so I dont have a lot left over. I've been saving here and there for the past 6 years and I assure you if there is anyone who would appreciate the car i certainly would. I'm looking for a daily driver and I would like to one day hand it down to my son. My mom and I had a lot of memories in that car, thanks for the read and wish me luck!

well if you look close you can see that it's a bad repaint with rust issues. Looks like the wiring has been messed with, the dash cover has been screwed to the dash and I am sure many other issues. but I'll bet it could be talked down and the rust may be delt with. Anyhow for 3000 bucks I am sure a decent z that needs some work can be had.

ok update:

I looked at this car today listed for 3800:

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/2821572654.html

It runs fairly well, it has rust under the wheel wells, the entire exhaust is rusted from head to toe, it needs some body work and a repaint, the seats need to be ripped

out and it needs a completely new dash. The rest of the interior is in good shape and it needs a re-alignment (shakes while driving). The worst part is the salvage title,

which means his insurance company totaled it. After some research i found out he was paid 3600 already for the car by the insurance company. It needs some body work

here and there.I offered 2,000 he said he doesnt think he could go below 2,800. Its an automatic, thoughts?

this is another one i'm looking at that is about 3 hours away. Looks like all it needs is a restore on the interior but its a zx so the bodystyle is less appealing. He wants

3500, but i know i can talk him down to 3k.

http://houston.ebayclassifieds.com/classic-cars/houston/1979-datsun-classic-you-need-to-see-it/?ad=12708536

I've yet to see or drive this vehicle.

An automatic Z with cracked dash, shaky front end (read as totaled), torn seats and rust, should NOT cost 2800 dollars. Run AWAY!

Keep looking and saving your money. Do not settle for what you almost wanted. Keep looking. It took me a year and a plane ticket to North Carolina to buy my Z and bring it back to Houston!

how does this one look on first glance?

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/2811639144.html

its got the turbo engine rebuilt. Mileage uknown and apparently needs a few (what look like minor) parts. Left a message with the seller, not sure if they still have it. edit: they still have it, but are slow to respond, i'll keep you guys updated on the condition etc once i can get ahold of them. Looks great in the pictures though!

Edited by 280chaser

STAY AWAY from the San Antonio Z. I believe that the Richardson Z would be a better value. If you have $3k plus to spend and money is tight - you have to watch out for ANY potential money pit. I live in Houston, so if there are any Z's here that you are interested in - I will be happy to give it a hard look for you.

Above all TAKE YOUR TIME LOOKING, you have waited this long - You will find the right Z for you.