seat foam - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

seat foam

Featured Replies

My seat driver side ( butt) foam is due for replacement , ADVICE:cool:

Edited by 72 OJ

  • Author

Thanks....on my to do list

Closer to you: Mike McGinnis at Banzai Motorworks. The foam is excellent. I just did my seats this week.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I can't remember the exact name of the shop, Classic Interiors or something close to that in west Baltimore, but there are plenty more shops around. They can “tune” the seat springs and reproduce the foam in a density of your choice to give you the level of firmness you want. It only takes a second to pull the seats out of a Z and drop them off. I would go that route.

  • Author

Good point...on my to do

  • 1 month later...

i need to replace foam and upholstery on both seats on 280z. also need to replace headliner

i need to find a shop to order the foam. i think found the upholstery and headliner on zcarsource

is there a good video of how to do it on the web?

can not find any shop in town to advise me.

Recovering the seats isn't very difficult. Just take pictures as you're taking apart the old covers. I found that a dremel tool with a cut-off wheel was helpful for removing the hog rings. I also used slip-joint pliers on the new hog rings.

Hey thanks for advice. Not sure what tools you are referring to, but will look them up

not sure if i am going with leather or vinyl. Probably leather.

also not sure if the supports/springs are worn out also. i can feel horse hair like material under the seat right now.

Can you somehow "enhance" the old "butt foam"? I'd love to re-do my seats but if i buy those covers, cannot afford the foam :'(

SteveJ...my seats need redone. Thanks to your comment that they're not hard to do, I think I'm going to attempt the job myself. Best regards

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.