IGNORED

exhaust smell

roscoscott

When they say "Seal Everything" they mean everything. Strangely the "fix" that cured most of my exhaust smell issue I found by accident when I installed a new power antenna. There is a drain hose that comes out of the bottom of the antenna and goes through a grommet into the rear fender area. On my car that grommet was missing. Once the new antenna was installed with the drain line and a new grommet, the smell pretty much vanished.

But by then I had replaced nearly every rear seal on the car, and switched to band clamp style exhaust clamps, so that was the last open hole in the car. The drain line comes out right by the muffler by the way.

• 1 month later...
When they say "Seal Everything" they mean everything. Strangely the "fix" that cured most of my exhaust smell issue I found by accident when I installed a new power antenna. There is a drain hose that comes out of the bottom of the antenna and goes through a grommet into the rear fender area. On my car that grommet was missing. Once the new antenna was installed with the drain line and a new grommet, the smell pretty much vanished.

Question for you Walter - Where did you get your antenna drain line grommet, and do you have a part number?

Thank you, Gary

I an't tell where exactly the roar comes frome either.
No one asked.......

As for Gary's question, I bought a grommet from ACE hardware's assortment for my antenna. Don't remember the exact size but it worked.

Edited by sblake01