IGNORED

Terry's Project 240K

tez240k

Under the rear of the car has reminded me that this next project is a doozy..

Firsty the previous guy cut the spare wheel well out to put a flat floor in it, which is a bit of checker plate bolted in and scrap metal tacked in place. so that will be getting ripped out and a wheel well welded back in.

next is it had R31 disk rear brackets welded on not too well, and from what i gather that path was not going to be easy nor legal, so i will be grinding it off and putting drums back on.

Then theres the diff. It has this wicked burnout sick drag car spec centre in it, which i will be replacing, but on a good note i was told it has 3:9s in it. Which i was told at datsport that if it does, their not easy to come across.

All i can see stamped on the crown wheel is 'H 3 9 X 1 1 J 7-3' any ideas? (Edit. just found its 39/11 = 3.54 ratio. ie stock ratio) another bull**** fact thrown in when i bought the car

Also has big fuel lines that were bent all dodgy down the car as it was going to have fuel pumps under the car for the RB20. So new fuel lines will be run.

Another good note is that it has nolathane kframe bushes, wishbone bushes, diff mustache bushes, new pedders shocks and low king springs!

IMG_2334.jpg

IMG_2335.jpg

FUN FUN

Edited by tez240k

They think 'I heard you can put r31 brakes on it might wack some brackets on. Bit of rust in floor.. Hmm grinder will fix that! Weld some mounts to cross member, cut up the chassis to fit an intercooler. Bang. Race car.

So this is what im working with...

what was under the boot..

IMG_2337.jpg

what they welded in place..

IMG_2338.jpg

and some nice cut n shut work in the boot... not sure of the reasoning for this..

IMG_2340.jpg

Then i noticed the rust repair in the rear quarters has been left untreated and theres real crispy bits of metal that probably still contains rust in the bottom so will grind it all back and see what needs doing.