IGNORED

Terry's Project 240K

tez240k

while ive been working on the front end, ive been looking all over the car and one thing i noticed was the inside of my doors had a lot of surface rust.

My doors have had the major rust cut out and patched, but i thought id treat the inside of the doors before they get any worse.. especially seeing as the old 240Ks have to be the rustiest cars i know

So i gave them a light sand, then got my bottle of chemsearch rust converter out, painted it on, then after a day it had turned black, i sprayed killrust enamel all inside the doors!

hopefully THAT will fight that bloody 240K cancer :) looks a lot neater now

IMG_2277.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

ok. So after spitting the dummy with the struts i had and the one and a half calipers. i Bought a pair of struts off downunder datsuns page off a dude in adelaide. They have super low king springs and near new Monroe shock inserts with sumi calipers.

They had the brake line bracket taken off because they were in a 1600, so had a mate weld some one, painted them in my grey, and put them in. Bit of a pain with all the new bushes making everything so tight, and after getting one side put together, found the pin that holds the lower control arm was stripped so had to pull it all apart again. Lucky i had a spare.

Now i just have to connect steering arms and put the calipers on.. :) progress!

IMG_2327.jpg

yeah hopefully feels better than the first project that i drove for a couple days. Go round a corner, your mirrors almost touch the ground with that much body roll then 20 minutes of it wobbling down the road and feeling like you cant stop at the traffic lights the brakes were that spongy. haha! maybe a strut brace might tighten it up a bit more too. ive heard they are pretty wavy up front even with stiff springs