IGNORED

Factory restored #16 for sale

derk

I saw that too, and got a bit depressed as well.

One thing I noticed on the car is that they painted the frame and inner fenders in a black "wrinkle" type paint. I was under the impression it would have been body color or were they undercoated in some way like the originals?

Here I was worried about painting the underside of mine with the black POR-15 chassis paint....guess if the Z Store cars were black, mine won't look out of place as much as I thought... time to get painting....:cross-eye

Keith:

I think that it is undercoating that we see in that picture. I do not recall the car having that when I saw it at the 2001 MSA Z Car Nationals (though I could be wrong).

My personal preference is for the underside to be black, I think it looks much nicer that way. I'm doing the POR bit on my car's underside (inside as well) and will Topcoat with their ChassisCoat Black product.

Carl

2 Many Z's you can finance the car it says in the add LOL I'd love to see such a car in good hands. I wish Nissan restored some of them here in AUS. Not that my Z is in bad condiiton but sometimes Nissan can get parts that we can't LOL .

It's a shame to see such a car go but I guess he finds the 350z will be a better daily driver car.

PS: ANyone have photo's of those 40 cars that were restored???

$14,900 and still has 6 days and 17 hours left to go.:ermm:

Might just make it to 20K, just wish I could be in on the bidding......:disappoin

Watch the bidding war really get into high gear the last 8 hours of the auction if no one takes the Buy it Now....:devious:

That car looks HOT!!!

I've never seen any of the factory resto's in real life...I assume they did a great job on them.

I wish I said this before I bought my frontier. Just think this car in the garage and drivg an old Nissan 4wd in the winter!

Guess i still wouldn't buy it though. I've been dreaming of a Z for so long I know exactly what it will look like...the panasports are right but I think I'd get killed when I take it to the body shop to get painted orange!!! :dead:

Nate "gotta have an orange one":cross-eye

Wow, with less than two hours left to go, there are no new bids on this 240Z since January the 10th.

My attempt to win last night’s Super Lotto failed miserably. If I had won, I would have scooped up this car, the pristine orange 1973 240Z, and the Boss 429 hovering at around 63K. Alas, the thrill will have to go to someone else.

Maybe all interested parties are playing possum and a bidding frenzy will commence in the final minutes of the auction.

In any case, I’ll have my popcorn beside me and finger on the refresh button hoping for some last-second fireworks.