IGNORED

R.I.P. Fred Jordan

sblake01

I didn't know exactly where to post this. It saddens me to have to post it anywhere. I received this email from Joe & Carol Hastie this morning:

To my fellow Z Car Owners and Datsun Enthusiasts:

It is with much sadness that I have to inform you that

Fred Jordan's hard fought battle with cancer has come to

an end. Fred died peacefully at home on Monday, September

Our heartfelt condolences go out to Betty and to Fred's

daughter Sharon and her husband Jeff.

As more information regarding the funeral arrangements

become available, I will let everyone know.

If you would like to send a note or a card to Betty, her

address is:

23954 Via Pamilla

Murrieta, CA 92562

For those that don't know, Fred was founder of the Datsun Heritage Museum in Murrieta, Ca. as well as having been the sales manager of San Diego Datsun which was one of the first Datsun dealerships in the U.S.

Edited by EScanlon

The news of Fred's passing has really saddened my heart. He was one of the great ones. He lead an incredible life beyond what he did with Datsun's, but of course that's what most of us will remember him for. He was always doing for others and I don't think I ever saw him when he wasn't positive. I think every year for the last five years at the ZCCIV car show, someone would say this would probably be Fred's last year at the show and then he'd show up again the next year after detailing one of his cars in the morning!

Well, he may not be at this year's show physically, but we know he'll be there in spirit. I told Joe Hastie this morning that Fred's probably speeding around somewhere in heaven in a gleaming white Z. If given the choice, I'm such Fred would pick the Z car over a set of wings. Please keep Betty and Fred's family in your prayers. He is gone from this earth, but will live in my heart and mind forever. God Bless you Fred.

Edited by bobc