IGNORED

VTO Le Mans Wheel.. anybody try these yet?

Zedyone_kenobi

Also it would seem the VTO sold by BRE are lighter than the ones on Adams and My car. Maybe it is just lighting.

It's the lighting. My pictures were taken outside on a very sunny day. Adam's roadster also has the VTO's sold by BRE. He just doesn't run the center caps, since they aren't allowed on a track car.

-Mike

...Also it would seem the VTO sold by BRE are lighter than the ones on Adams and My car. Maybe it is just lighting.

The LeMans wheel in the BRE picture could very well be of a picture of the pre-production wheel.

VTO had a sample LeMans wheel done in a slightly lighter gray than the final color used in production. I was involved in the color selection process and was given pictures of both for comment. The current color was unanumously selected by those querried.

The LeMans was created as a colaboration between BRE and VTO so it wouldn't surprise me that the BRE picture could be of the lighter color pre-production wheel.

All LeMans wheels being sold are the same color, regardless of the source. And yes, lighting has a HUGE effect on the color appearance of these wheels. They look much better outside in natural light, IMO.

Yes, The center section on the +0 offset is thicker than the +18, but this is just at the hub area. The spokes are the same depth/thickness as is the rim "shell".

I have a set of racing Mini Lites from the early 70's and they were treated the same way. One casting machined to the needed offseet. JLP

Yes, The center section on the +0 offset is thicker than the +18, but this is just at the hub area. The spokes are the same depth/thickness as is the rim "shell".

Does the same hold true in regards to the spokes if ONLY the rim size is changed?

Per say the difference between a 13, 15 and 16 inch rime size are the spokes the same thickness, depth etc?

These Lemans only come in 15x6 or 15x7. I would have sprung for some 14x7's if they had any!

I have two sets of 14's Original Libres and Original Mini Lites. The problem with the 14's is tire selection. To get a good set of performance tires you have to go to a race spec tire and even then you are limited if you plan to drive on the street. That is the only reason I am considering the 15's. Just my 2 cents. jlp

You are right, I should have said, the VTO LeMans only come in 15"

I completely agree. That is the same reason I wanted to go 16" a while ago like Frank did. I can get autocross quality street tires in a 16". I can barely get summer tires in a 15", and only race tires in a 14". My biggest problem is my width kills me. With my stock body work and my tokiko springs, I am limited to a 195/60/15. I guess I could go 205/50/15, but that gets REALLY short. I may puta set of those on my panasports for autocross days.

Does the same hold true in regards to the spokes if ONLY the rim size is changed?

Per say the difference between a 13, 15 and 16 inch rime size are the spokes the same thickness, depth etc?

I cannot say with any certainty that the spokes are the same thickness between different diameter wheels (we are now talking Classic 8's or Retro 4's as the LeMans is only available in 15"). Likely they are not as each rim diameter is individually designed based on the load characteristics it needs to withstand.

What I can say is the physical dimensions/appearance, veiwed square on of the outer wheel surface are the same for all the LeMans wheels. They all have the same spoke shape, lip dimension, amount of paint vs. polished aluminum. The only noticable difference between a +0 and a +18 is how far the lug nuts recess into the lug bore. The bores are shallower on the +18 than the +0 due to where the lug seats have to be positioned when machining for the different offsets. Other than that the wheels look identical.