IGNORED

1970 Fairlady Z for sale

somecreep

Seems to be missing some tough to get pieces, like C-pillar badges. I'm in need of some myself.

Its my understanding that it should have a 5 speed, L20, and different differential than the 240z. I've driven one and I can confirm that the proper setup makes the car quite fun to drive- for me, more enjoyable than a stock 240z. Well, that is of course subjective and open to personal preference. Nevertheless, those drivetrain parts should be with the car for it to make any sense to attempt a restoration, IMHO.

Chassis number of 'S30-08589' indicates Jan/Feb 1972 production date.

Looks like a 'Fairlady Z-L' model ( 'S30' factory code ), which would have been equipped with the L20A engine, FS5C71-A transmission and 3.9:1 ratio R180 diff from the factory.

Some of the rarer components already gone or in bad condition, although as a 1973 build it would have had vented pillars and therefore the same 'vented' pillar emblems as the Export cars ( rather than the very hard to find non-vented Domestic pillar emblems ).

Perhaps a little too far gone to bring back from the brink? Sad.....

Perhaps a little too far gone to bring back from the brink? Sad.....

Thats the understatement of the year, doesn't even look like a $400 parts car.

The starting bid looks more like an appropriate ending bid based on the pictures and the amount of work needed. I wonder how high the reserve price is - like maybe $501.

Dennis

I can assure you that there will be plenty of useful RHD-specific spare parts on the car. If it was local to me I'd have it in an instant.

I wouldn't kick the wheels ( they look like early Minilites.... ), diff, trans, and dash out of bed either.

And here's a challenge if anyone wants to take me up on it: I'll pay $300 US for that steering wheel and boss kit, if anyone buys the car. :)

I can assure you that there will be plenty of useful RHD-specific spare parts on the car. If it was local to me I'd have it in an instant.

I wouldn't kick the wheels ( they look like early Minilites.... ), diff, trans, and dash out of bed either.

My exact thoughts - It's just too far away for me to check it out.