IGNORED

240Z based 2000 GT replica

24 Ounces

I looked on this site and didn't find anything else about this Toyota 2000 GT replica (but I'm sure there is stuff somewhere). Anyway, the 2000 GT was originally supposed to be built by Nissan, but got shopped to Toyota...only a few hundred were built. I personally think the Datsun is a better looking car anyway.

Later,

Alex

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2009/01/toyota-2000gt-replica-based-on-nissan.html

That's pretty cool!

There have been other "replica" cars that have been attempted, some on the Z's body and others on other bodys (like the Mazda mentioned on the site). Maybe this one will take off.

The Ferrari GTO, the "Pantera" styled hatch, the Updated Roadster as well as the Updated Z come to mind within the Japanese genre. But within American vehicles, the Shelby GT, the Ford GT-40 both the replicas of the original and the updated version released by Ford just a few years ago. And let's not forget the many styles of replica vehicles built on VW pans, Ford Pinto, Chevette and Ford Mustang II frames (Dune Buggies, MG's, 30's M-B's anyone?). Some of those vehicles have even attained their own fan clubs. One last group were the customized versions of the Buick, Cadillac, and Chevrolet cars in the mid 80's into "classic" looking modern vehicles (Excalibur is one name I remember).

There will be those who turn their nose up at them, (Sorry Jerry), and there are those that find them interesting. Any way you look at it, it's all part of having a "unique" car that drives the folks who have the vision to try.

FWIW

E

Anyway, the 2000 GT was originally supposed to be built by Nissan, but got shopped to Toyota...only a few hundred were built.
That's not really quite accurate but rather just another sidebar of the Goertz myth.........

If anyone is interested in a Ferrari 250 GTO body kit near Kansas City, I have his information, please PM. I am not selling it for the guy, just met him this weekend at the McPherson CARS Show, passing along a possible deal. He knew it was for a 240Z when he bought it but he wanted to put it on an MG, wouldn't work. His wife wants it GONE. Most of you with wives, know what THAT means. :)

Bonzi Lon