IGNORED

Help (I think), Aliens have abducted my wife!

Hi Carl,

Yes, I thought we were going with the red, but she felt that every roadster she saw was red, so she decided on a bright white to be different I guess. I like it. I haven't even color sanded it yet and it looks pretty nice. It should look pretty good with the badges and SST rails on the side, and re-chromed bumpers. Of course I'll keep the hub caps and stock rims for the shows.

I will be picking up another Z this weekend. A 1971 with 91K miles and virtually no rust (just a bit at the battery tray). I will post latest pics and blog once it is in my garage. Attached are some teaser pics.

Best regards,

Rich

post-19125-14150826278172_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150826278462_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

Wow, I have been working on this for almost 3 years. I will never do another roadster restoration. I think I spent one year alone just getting the body prepped.

Anyway, here are some preliminary pics of the car. I got the motor running and adjusted the carbs last weekend. Still need to bleed the clutch and brake lines. Once I do that, it will be drivable. Oh yes, and it needs an exhaust system. It is very loud right now. Can’t wait to drive it. The full resto blog is at: 1970Roadster

Will try and post better pics next week with the car out in the sun.

Rich

post-19125-14150829369956_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150829370429_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150829370881_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150829371193_thumb.jpg