motorman7

Help (I think), Aliens have abducted my wife!

Not sure where to begin on this so I’ll just start with the details. I currently have three 240Z’s occupying my three car garage. When I purchased Z number three, I booted my wife’s Mazda Tribute out of the garage so I could keep all three Z’s well protected in said garage. She was Ok with that. Now, a 1970, 1600 roadster that I have had my eye on for a while is available. I spoke to my wife and told her I would like to pick the car up this weekend and restore it, and she was totally fine with it. She said as long as I paint it red (the color of her purse) and let her drive it, that would be great. The original color is red, so that’s good with me. No fight, no hassles from my wife over picking up another car. I even tentatively offered to sell the Silver Z and she said I should keep it because I like it so much. What’s the catch? I’m guessing aliens have abducted my real wife and replaced her with one that will accommodate my obsession. Not sure what to think here. Will keep everyone posted of the strange goings on. :ermm:

Rich

• Haha 1

Dude, you are totally sunk. She is setting you up for the big "Now that you have 4 of "those", I guess I am entitled to 4 of these!!"

She will be holding up a jewerly, clothing or home improvement catalog.

Run while you can

:)

Yea - I know what you mean - I told my wife "I'm going to buy a set of Mikuni's for the Datsun - and she said OK...............how much - I told her and she said OK.................what the hell?? I know I'm getting set up for something!!

Dude, you are totally sunk. She is setting you up for the big "Now that you have 4 of "those", I guess I am entitled to 4 of these!!"

She will be holding up a jewerly, clothing or home improvement catalog.

Run while you can

:)

Aaahh, the home improvement catalog may be the item. I'm guessing my $1000 project car may cost me $2000 (or more) in home improvements.

Does she have a sister?

She has three younger sisters, all married though. One with an MB, one with a BMW and the third with a Harley.

Funny, The two youngest are twins. After the first two girls (wife and second sister), her parents figured they'd try one more time for a boy. That's when the twin girls came. Time to stop.

Edited by motorman7

...snip...Now, a 1970, 1600 roadster that I have had my eye on for a while is available. ...snip... She said as long as I paint it red (the color of her purse) and let her drive it, that would be great. ...snip... What’s the catch? ...snip...Rich

The catch is that YOU think YOU are going to be driving that Red Convertible Sports Car...... and she knows better.

E

I’m guessing aliens have abducted my real wife and replaced her with one that will accommodate my obsession.

Buy and enjoy while you can.....the Aliens may get tired of your "real" wife and bring her back. :)

Dennis

These cars have that affect on some women. I sent a photo of 'Tiny D' to little sis, she wrote a six word response, 'What is it? I want it.' Family dinners are the perfect time for her to ask if it is 'in my will' to her. Be prepared to hear the word 'cute' for first word impressions, quite often. Go for it, it will make BOTH of you happy. I bet she has shoes to match that purse. :)

Bonzi Lon

That is so awesome congrats. Need any help picking up your Roadster? I must find the alien master and turn my wife in.

These cars have that affect on some women. I sent a photo of 'Tiny D' to little sis, she wrote a six word response, 'What is it? I want it.' Family dinners are the perfect time for her to ask if it is 'in my will' to her. Be prepared to hear the word 'cute' for first word impressions, quite often. Go for it, it will make BOTH of you happy. I bet she has shoes to match that purse. :)

Bonzi Lon

I think your right on the effect and the shoes. The red purse color match seemed to be an important item.

STORY CONTINUED:

Brought red roadster home to alien wife and she seemed to be very pleased with the car. Even gave me a hug when she saw it. I am guessing that it reminds her of the color of her home planet or the transport units on said planet. Either way, the alien seems to like red.

Alien wife was was also enthralled with vehicle license plate numbers of '2DQR088'. She decided that the DQR stood for Damn Quick Roadster. I was surprised at the aliens understanding of the vehicles speed capability. Knowing that a 1600 roadster is not that quick in the stock configuration, I am guessing vehicles on her planet move at a slow rate of speed. Will have to get more information on this.

Below are pictures with which the alien seems to be pleased. Take special note of the color. Also shown is the alien's purse.

post-19125-14150814608455_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150814609127_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150814609714_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150814610313_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150814610885_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150814611485_thumb.jpg

Edited by motorman7

Nice matching purse. Looks like a great starting point. In the last year I got to know a lot about these cars. i

I'd be very, very leery. About two years ago my wife agreed to let me get my dream car, a GT40(SPF, can't afford an original). She even co-signed on the refinance of the house to get the extra cash. The next day she said that now she wanted her dream cabin built out back on our property and also don't I feel guilty spending that sort of money considering some of my friends are out of work?! The next day I wrote a check and put the entire amount right back in the principal. Did I dodge a bullet or what?

Great! Looks like a good start. First thing, search around and get "The Datsun Roadster Book", by Scott Sheeler. It is a 2 volume wealth of information, tips, quirks & part numbers. $88 when I got mine and worth every penny. A source for parts I have used is http://www.datsunparts.com/ in Northridge, CA.

Will YOU be taking the purse in for a paint match, or will alien wife? :)

Bonzi Lon

Dude, If your wife looked at that car and gave you a hug, she is a keeper! I have yet to get more than a head shake acompanied by the old "Here we go again" You are either the luckiest man alive or she is cheating on you. Either way, congrats on the aquisition!

The catch is that YOU think YOU are going to be driving that Red Convertible Sports Car...... and she knows better.

E

Looks like you hit the nail on the head. She really likes it and is now calling it her car. She double checked to make sure that I would make the car operate normally and reliably (my last roadster started with switch and push button and she doesn't want that). Also telling her friends that she will be driving the car when it's done.....I'm good with that, I just like fixing them up and making them look pretty.

And they ARE a blast!

I own two, a 67-1600 and a 68-2000. The 67 is our currrent main ride (sorry Z) and the 68 is in work. Thankfully my wife just wants to be the passenger a la Driving Miss Daisy.

E

Divorce perhaps in a month she will say I would like the Red, the Silver, and your house. Good luck with her good graces just remeber to keep the alien updates on your wife.

Scott Scheeler's book is now a trilogy.

E

Trilogy? Am I missing a new volume? What all does it contain? Might need to find it.

Bonzi Lon

You are lucky man! Having said that, you must have taken care of her really good to come to that level.

You might want to share more about "how to get to your level"

So that we can all have bunch of Zzzzzzzzzs.

Trilogy? Am I missing a new volume? What all does it contain? Might need to find it.

Bonzi Lon

I too am missing the 3rd volume, and haven't splurged for it as spending money hasn't been in the budget for a while. However, from what I hear it's also a "must" have.

Interestingly, he's having his "anniversary" sale right now:

The sale is on! If you've waited to buy The Datsun Roadster Book, there will be no better time than during the 5th Anniversary Sale this week. The 3-part set is offered at a price of $88.88 including shipping and Delivery Confirmation until Friday, April 29, 2011 at 5:28 PM EDT.

Thanks to all who have supported over the years.

Scott and Pam

http://thedatsunroadsterbook.com/

I know for a while he was offering the 3rd by itself, but I don't know if he is now or not. You might ask him, he may still have loose copies of it by itself.

FWIW

E

You can buy part III standalone. Below was taken straight from Scott's site.

Purchase The Datsun Roadster Book - US shipping -

Part III ONLY for $34.88. This is offered to buyers of

the previous Parts I and II. Price includes USPS media

mail shipping with Delivery Confirmation.

If you tell us the number of your Parts I & II we will

stamp Part III to match.

I just bought the set myself and am looking forward to getting it.

Ryan

I'm getting my wife a purse with racing stripes and a number decal. :)

post-7641-14150814654504_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blue
    purse shopping online