IGNORED

White interior?

24 Ounces

Hey Les...I will be in touch to order the parts necessary for my white interior. I found your website and the 240Z parts for sale. Could you post some photos of the orange 240Z restoration...I'm intersted in seeing how it turns out. Your website seems to be geared more towards 1600 Roadsters than 240Zs, but I know you are very familiar with Zs since Nissan went through you for much of their refurb program in the late '90s. What is the approx. turnaround time on a paint job (including jambs) and nothing else? I am wary about having my car painted around here (Columbus, OH) and would be willing to go through the time and expenditure necessary to have the work done properly. My car is rust free and only has minor dings (I know there can always be hidden damage in old project cars). Do you prefer base-coat clear-coat, or single stage paints like urethane? I lived for many years in the SD area (USN) and still have a couple of old shipmates who live in the area that I could stay with for a couple of days if necessary (great excuse to go to some of our old drinking joints in the Gaslamp Quarter and National City...aka "Nasty City").

Arne,

No, I haven't posted it elsewhere, not even the local craigslist. Tells you how bad I want to sell it! I am terrified that someone will buy it, and gut it, put in a small block or someother hybrid set up and that would be beyond a shame. My daughter will graduate college in another year and a half. Maybe I'll give it to her if it doesn't sell.

Les, I still don't have my car assembled. Too many irons in the fire but finally convinced the docs are going to let me live. It is all a matter of assembly now. All the pieces are there. Somewhere.

24, I used a single stage Valspar (my painter did) on my car. It was the type of paint used originally and I have seen way to many clear coats fail. My Benz is an example that breaks my heart. Not all clear coats fail, but too many for my taste. Plus, it is more forgiving come touch up time.

The interior paints/dyes are very good. I agree with everyone above. Keep it white and paint the parts that don't look clean anymore. My 240Z was originally silver with a red interior and the PO painted the outside red and the inside black. Although nice looking, I wish it was still Silver/Red, a classy combination IMHO, as is your car.

SEM Super White FTW!

I painted all of my black (and blue dyed, thanks P.O.) interior panels with the stuff and it's very nearly an exact match to the vinyl. The plastic panels are a mix of repro and originals while the dogleg panels, hatch piece, vinyl kit and headliner / a pillar pieces were ordered new from MSA. The door panels were dyed too (originally butterscotch from a '73). All I need now is white seat upholstery.

Here's a picture when I was putting the Z all back together a few months ago. I don't happen to have any others on hand at the moment.

blue72_interior_under_construction02.jpg