IGNORED

Ride height

woton121

I'm not at home either, so I can't measure mine at the fenders. A more accurate measurement is at the bottom of the rocker panel, near the jack points. Measure from the ground to the bottom of the rocker panel (not the bottom of the pinch weld). The stock height at that point should be 7 3/4" to 8", IIRC.

I'm not at home either, so I can't measure mine at the fenders. A more accurate measurement is at the bottom of the rocker panel, near the jack points. Measure from the ground to the bottom of the rocker panel (not the bottom of the pinch weld). The stock height at that point should be 7 3/4" to 8", IIRC.

Arne, Carl Beck came up with 8 1/2 inches for this measurement. That was in a thread about his reproduction spring project. So............are your measurements from your car when you had stock inserts with original springs?

Dan

Arne, Carl Beck came up with 8 1/2 inches for this measurement. That was in a thread about his reproduction spring project. So............are your measurements from your car when you had stock inserts with original springs?
I know I've seen Carl say 8 1/2" in some places, but in others he has said 7 3/4" - 8". (See the last paragraph in post #27 in this thread.)

FWIW - my red car at 60k miles, stock height tires, stock (unsagged) springs and non-gas shocks sat at 8" front, 7 7/8" rear. Based on that, I'm supporting the 7 3/4" - 8" figures. I think 8.5" is too tall.

Edited by Arne

One additional thought for those of you thinking about KYB GR2s. After reviewing my notes, I found (and now remember) that the initial ride height increase on installation was not the end of the story. Both beandip and I found that the height actually increased an additional 1/4" or so after a bit of break-in, say 2000 miles or so. My best guess is that may be due to less seal friction ("stiction") after break-in.