IGNORED

Some sad news today

khughes

Hi Guys,

unfortunately i have some sad news today, My best mate, Mark passed away this morning from bowel/pancreatic cancer. We had been working together on all of my "projects" for over 8 years now (none really completed except the rally car -which we never got to rally).

Unfortunately the last 7 months have been really tuff on everyone, hence why my 240K progress ground to a halt. It is hard to motivate yourself to do something when you are use to doing every weekend with a mate (and having him think up ingenious ways to tackle problems). Also having all the stuff at his house, meant that i didn't want to get in the way too much of him and his family.

With his death, i am have to find another home for all my bits and pieces, hence why i sold the 240Z shell that i had one day hoped to restore. I have however sent the 240K shell off to get sandblasted and hopefully (budgeting off what i get for the Z) get some rust repairs completed, the shell epoxied and some colour put on the bottom and engine bay of the car. In this state, i should atleast be able to get the drivetrain in and have it once more resemble a car.

I know a lot of you don't know him (with the excpetion of Jim, who had met him), but i thought i would share with you all as we have lost true enthusiast.

The 240K will be completed, memories alone make it worth it.

Kent

I am very sorry for your loss :( I can't even imagine what you are going through, but I wish you the best. It's always sad news when we lose an enthusiast. I am glad that you will continue to finish your 240K, I know your friend would have wanted it that way.

Greetings khughes,

I am sadden to hear of your friends passing, those are ruff waters to go through, I hope that this will bring you all closer together to get through these hard times. You and this friends family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely, Mark

I'm really sorry to hear this Kent, I had no idea. Sorry... I'm at a loss for words atm but will speak with you at a better time, although I will say I doubt Mark would put up with too much gloom and such shite. "C'mon there's work to be done!"

Jim.:disappoin

Sorry to hear about your loss, To some their project is more than just a car, it has memories, emotions and bonds attached to it, and you now have another reason to complete it, good luck with it all.

Hi Guys,

we had the funeral on Tuesday, it was a Tuff day, but the service was good, and it was more a celebration of his life than just a sad day.

Still in the process of selling off all of my bits and pieces i have lying around his place and can't find a home for, and making room for the 240K at my parents place. I have managed to sell the rotisserie to the sandblaster so it should save me a little money on them making up brackets, and also give me another $1000 to spend on getting the remaining pieces of the car blasted and primed too. Trying to put off picking up the car for a couple more weeks (which it seems they are happy to accommodate) so hopefully by then everything else will have been sorted out.

on a nice note, Mark left me his 1970 series 1 240Z.. the car was very special to him (he had wanted one for a very long time, and i finally managed to convince him a couple of years ago to sell his 260z 2+2 and buy the 240z), and i was greatly relieved (not that relieved is really the right word, i feel bad that it is now mine) to find out that it wasn't going to disappear out of my life.

i will get some pictures of the car when i get the chance (forever), unfortunately i only have this photo of the car (i need to try and find Mark's photo's of us picking it up)

240z1.jpg

green240z.jpg

I am planning to hold onto the Z for as long as i can hold onto the 240K, just another car to find a home for (though i hope to drive this atleast on weekends when i feel more ok about it)

Kent

Edited by khughes