IGNORED

Injector Plug clips?

tymarbry

Do Datsun Z's have clips or anything to hold the injector plugs on?

I was replacing some fuel hose today and I noticed one had come off.

I then realized none of the plugs have clips or anything to hold them in and it takes almost no effort to pull them off.

I Elec. Taped mine. But there must be a better way?

5537480229_f7873cc94b_b.jpg

There are wire clips that hold the plugs on the injector. What kind of shape are your plugs in? Are they cracked/brittle? We've done a thread or two on replacing them with the 'quick release' connectors use on BMW's etc. Starting from about post # 10, read through this thread an also checkout the link in post # 10:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22929

Edited by sblake01

Use some RTV silicone stuff if you just want to keep them on temporarily,but replacing them with new ones is the only good solution. You can get good ones from the JY. I got a whole bunch from a JY called Vines Auto, where they are loaded with NMWs.

Besides the 6 for the injectors, get 4 more. 1 for the aux air regulator, 1 for the cold start valve, 1 for the thermotime switch, and one for the temp sensor. There is also a quick release 3 wire connector from one of the euro cars (I forget which I got it from) that can be used of the throttle postion switch.

Brand new really isn't important. It's a trubute to the way Bosch made them (I think it was Bosch), in that the ones I found in the junkyard on BMWs, Volvos, etc. were always in good shape and the ones on the Datsuns were cracked and brittle.

Yeah, junkyard connectors will clean up really well, just be careful which ones you cut off, and if you get them from the newer cars, they'll be better then the ones Datsun used. IIRC, for the price of one new connector from eBay, you could probably get all you need from the JY.

Are you good with soldering and shrink wrapping? That's the best way to install the 'new' connectors rather than using crimp connectors. When I did mine, the solder and shrink warp was not visible because it was under the rubber boots.

post-3797-14150814168756_thumb.jpg