IGNORED

Car Warriors

george71z

Well that's why the Z is not taken seriously. I think they called it a piece of junk. Those were both jokes. Gee never heard of a "G" nose. If they wanted to stick something out of the hood then how about 4 webers on there SBC. Whats with those fender mirrors and that thing they called a grill. What a sham of a show. Made me feel like my Z is on par with an Astro van.

What do you expect when one of judges is from "Pimp my Ride" and another is George Barris, the guy that "built" the Sony and Cher mustangs in the 60's. Some of his great work on those cars were the paint trays stuck to the hood, the plastic florescent light screens for grills and the fantasy fur interiors.

The sad part was to have Greg from MSA come on at the end and say the winning car (which was the biggest POS) was "nothing short of remarkable"

-Mike

Was it me or was the left front wheel on the red one bent?

Something was definitely wrong with it, but more likely the clowns didn't install the suspension correctly than a bent new wheel though.

Here are some pictures of the "winner" (white), the 2nd place car (red), and the two losers (the clean 73's that got butchered).

-Mike

Edited by Mike B

well, i think that if there is anything we can learn from this, its that a decent car can't be done in 72 hours... at least in their hands. On the bright side, at least nothing was done to the red car that cant be undone..

What do you expect when one of judges is from "Pimp my Ride" and another is George Barris, the guy that "built" the Sony and Cher mustangs in the 60's.

-Mike

You don't like Sonny and Cher?;)

Seriously, it's reality TV. Did anyone expect an actual car show?

Dean

Is it just me, or does the winner look like Speed Racer's car? I was also pretty disappointed in the show and the results. My wife's nephew met George Barris at some car show several years ago. He mentioned to Barris that I had a 240Z that I raced in the SCCA. Barris told him that he had always liked the 240Z, that it had really nice lines. Apparently, time and TV dollars have changed his tune.

Hey cut George a little slack for the great customs he and his brother Sam did in the 40s and early 50s . Here is a link to the early history of the Barris brothers. Take the time to read the story. its really quite interesting.

http://www.kustomrama.com/index.php?title=Barris

Sam was the real talent. Unfortunately he died in the mid 50s . You can tell when just by looking at the changes in the cars produced by the Barris shop. George will be George ever the promoter. Age is taking its toll on him and I'm surprised he keeps the schedule he does.