IGNORED

reAR strut insulators for late 260z to 280z

I need strut insulators for my late year 260z. Seems the proper item is very hard to find. Curtesy Nissan has a super imposed number for the original part that references to the same part as the 240z. This is about 3/4 of an inch lower then the original.Has anybody used this lower strut insulator on their late 260z or 280z. Did it make the rear droop. Is it very noticeable. How was the ride.

Thanks

ZDude1967

I am in the middle of completely overhauling my rear end on a late 260 and have had the same problem locating these. The correcr part number by the way is 54320-N3701.

I tried ordering these from Gastonian Nissan who told me they were discontinued but the front ones were suitable replacements. Unfortunately I did not realize the height difference until after I received them and so now I have 4 of all the same height and do not want to lower my car any further in the rear as it already has lowering springs.

I did find these at MSA but they are super expensive at $215. You can find them here:

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/SSSC01C02/23-4382

I do not plan to pay that much and fortunately my old ones look to be in pretty good shape so I am repainting / refreshing them as best as possible and will just re-use these until I can find a suitable replacement at a more reasonable price.

Let me know if you find a source. In the meantime if you decide you want to use the front ones as replacements, I have 2 extra that I could make available to you.

Mike.

MSA is still selling them, but it seems that as soon as they get some, they are sold. they must have a long list of people waiting to receive them.

I saw what mine looked like, and they didn't look bad (see attached photo) the only thing I was concerned about is that the stuff on the bottom where the spring touches was worn off. What could you put on there to protect it and stand up to the pounding of the spring? Plasti-dip is the only thing that I can think of.

Edited by TomoHawk