IGNORED

New stainless bumpers arrived

cozye

I just ordered these bumpers from the Harrington Group http://www.groupharrington.com/en and they arrived Friday. Total time from order to arrival was 7 days. The communication from the sales guy (Thy) was super. There is a time difference as they are based in the UK and manufacture out of Thailand, however when I sent an email I had a reply the very next morning.

The bumpers normally come like stock 240 bumpers with the rubbers installed and with the front license plate bracket, however I requested no rubbers, no holes, and no brackets. This was no problem and they indicated that they do custom request all the time.

Anyway, I was very pleased with the bumpers. I've tested fitted them quickly and they will work perfectly. They are down in the basement now awaiting the completion of my bodywork, so I figured I would post up my review and pics of the bumpers. The light down there is pretty low so the pics arent the greatest, but they turned out great and the quality is good. They are very straight, no waves, and polished to a mirror finish.

846f940f.jpg

d388ed49.jpg

They look absolutely outstanding!!!

I personally like a bumper without rubbers and appendages and have gone fibreglass on two of my cars but I am super impressed with the appearance of what you have here and would think that this solution would be number one on my list for my next project.

Brilliant solution and a most competitive price when compared to other options.

Yeah, they are very nice. It's a bit more than I wanted to invest in bumpers, but rechroming the ones I had was going to cost just as much and in the grand scheme of things it won't be that much money once the project is completed and they are looking great on the car.

They sure are sweet aren't they. I couldn't find a single flaw in mine. My friend liked them so much he also bought a set.

Just a tip for anyone else buying a set who doesn't want the rubber installed. They will send the rubber if you ask for it, even if you specified that you don't want holes drilled in the bumpers. That's what my buddy did so he could use the rubber on one of his other Zs.

If anyone does this, I'd be interested in the rubber.

Cool, glad to see someone from the forums pulled the trigger on these! I've been seeing these on Ebay for awhile and wondering about the quality. Also wondered if they would do true euro style (no holes), so thanks for answering that question too. Would ultimately like to know how they hold up over the long term as far as corrosion (i.e. are they truly the high chromium content they claim?). So please keep us posted and congrats on the purchase!

Geezer......How was the installation.....did they fit as original? Guy

So far, I have only held mine in place without mounting them but don't foresee any problems when its time to mount them on the car. They are absolutely flawless, straight & concentric. I was very impressed with the quality after hearing the stories of tricky fitment early on. For me it was cheaper to buy these than have my originals rechromed. I sold my originals and recouped some cash, not giving it a second thought.

Great looking bumpers!

I assume bumpers have spot welded brackets on the inside same as OEM ..... any issues with alignment relative to brackets on car?

Is the backside of the SST simply a mill finish or is it also polished?

No rubber mount holes and no vertical add-ons is clean-cut way to go!