IGNORED

SCAMMER ALERT Please read my fellow Z friends

DatsunZsRule

I am sending to you my most Gracious Greetings, kindest Mr. FixItMan, and I am hoping this important dispatch finds you in the magninimous of excellent constitution! ;)

FAIW, some people are tempted to deposit such checks, thinking they will somehow get the best of the scammer. The funds do show up in the account, but they are ultimately reversed, often with a service charge imposed for the counterfeit check. They get people coming and going!

May God endow its humble blessings upon yourself.

Edited by FastWoman

Same thing here. I posted it last week. Same line, Same BS.

It's not a "This guy" is a conglomerant of people pulling the same shite, over and over.

Reporting it seems useless as the goverment knows all about it and it continues on a daily basis. You'd think that with our Gov's computer programs that can search every damn email in the word for one word, that they could enter in this idiots Responce letter ("Good day to you right over there,I will like to know if this item is still

for sale") and instantly backtrack it and send a Virus to their computer. As knowbody else uses that exact line unless it's a scam.

But they won't and we'll continue to do their job, of warning people about the emails. So thanks for the warning and hopefully folks read this and learn to just erase it and put that email into the SPAM box.

Dave

No problem Dave. Like I said, it's pretty obvious but I still just felt like I had to send out the warning to others and expose this so others don't get harmed or wast there time with it when and if they get this response.

Yeah, don't get me started with our wonderful government :stupid: :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE -

Just got another scammer responding to my ad again today (3/3/2011

E-mail: gsargio@yahoo.com

"1977 Datsun 280Z

Hello....

Am making inquiry on the item you have for sale..However,i 'll like to know the price for it....Also,i want to know if it's still available.Do send pictures of it ...

Thanks."

Whats so funny is I have lots of photos already in my ad and the price is listed clear as day. It's amazing how incredibly damn dumb these people are. I'm so tempted to respond back "I'd love to send you some photos of the "Item" but you may have a hard time seeing them with your head so far up your a$$. For any other questions, feel free to call me at 1-800 -EATSH*T" LOLLOL Excuse my language but these people are just a wast of my time and wizz me off.

Edited by DatsunZsRule

Just write back, "Thanks for writing. Yes, all of the items are still for sale. I want $20 for the box of assorted whips and shackles. I'm asking $75 for the assorted "toys," which have only been lightly used and are still in excellent condition. I also have a wardrobe of leather costumes that I'm willing to let go for $500."

Just write back, "Thanks for writing. Yes, all of the items are still for sale. I want $20 for the box of assorted whips and shackles. I'm asking $75 for the assorted "toys," which have only been lightly used and are still in excellent condition. I also have a wardrobe of leather costumes that I'm willing to let go for $500."

I thought your were bring ALL that to the Swap meet at ZCON! ;)

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!:stupid:

I usually forward all contacts to the FBI, and give the address of the FBI office contact as a shipping address...That way if they want to work the thieves, they can set it up as they will.

JamCuffs.jpg

I'm not saying this guy isn't a scammer. He obviously is.

However, I'm just curious how the scam works with PayPal. Is it that PayPal will refund the funds to the scammer somehow through a buyer protection claim? Or is it that a fake PayPal receipt of payment email will be dispatched? I understand the cashier's check scam, but this would have to work differently.

FAIW, part of the scam is the harvesting of email addresses. When you advertise on CL, your address isn't shown. Someone emails you to ask whether "the item" is still for sale. You reply from your legitimate email address that the item is still for sale. Then they have your email address and will sell it to spammers. The best way to advertise on CL is to put your phone number at the bottom and check the box that says not to allow email responses. I've sold a number of things through CL, and I've never received an illegitimate call. Scammers don't call.

The bait is some form of instant payment.

The switch is some problem with this methode and the sending of a bank third party cheque and...just keep any extra monie for your troubles.

Or if really cheekie... please wire the excess cash to me through western union.

Now, there are more sophisticated ways to separate you from your goods or cash, but this is the basic way that works with spam-scam.

I to was a victim received an email about a post i had over a year ago about a dash harness for a 73 z he then sent a check for 2000.00 with no note was not sure about this so i shredded the check .This person went nuts on line telling me he was contacting the local fbi, i in turn told him the deal was over. Since then know emails at all. hope nothing else happens with this. carl h