IGNORED

mustang vs any z

superj243

I hope you're not talking about a 2011 Mustang GT. It would run away and hide from your ZX. It has 412 hp. My 2005 GTO is fairly modded and those new Mustangs still give me a tough time. And the Shelby GY500 will outrun me but with 540 hp, it should. Ford really outdid themselves this time.......

Edited by sblake01

also i don think that power to weight ratio would be an accurate way to tell what vehicle would out perform the other due to the design and quality of the engine and the design and areo dynamics of the car. not to mention the way the car is put together.

I'd love to get my hands on a newer Roush Mustang. the 427R. or the Stage 3 set-up.

But honestly though, Your ZX won't stand a chance against the Supercharged Mustangs. Sorry. Though you might have fun going against their V6's. Our Power to weight is a little better and it's funny as hell when you pull away from them and the look on their face as you do it.

I too am cocky, until I'm proved wrong. it happens. Not often, but it happens.

Dave

Any new Mustang is going to smoke your ZX (assuming it is as stock as it looks in your avatar). If it doesn't, the other guy didn't know you were racing him. This is true on a road course also. Your ZX would have been faster than my first car, a 79 Mustang with the 2.3L Pinto motor.

Edited by jmortensen

also i don think that power to weight ratio would be an accurate way to tell what vehicle would out perform the other due to the design and quality of the engine and the design and areo dynamics of the car. not to mention the way the car is put together.
Power to weight ratio does pretty much determine performance. The other things you mention? The new Mustang has your car beat in all of them. Cocky is one thing but in this case I'm afraid you will have to face reality.;)

There is a serious need to define the exact perimeters of your question.

Are you talking stock Z/Mustang? Which yr or yrs? Modified or not?

There are heavily modified Z with more than 400-500HP and upgraded suspensions that would compete with newer Mustangs I would imagine.