IGNORED

72' 240z Sunroof ideas?

DjHoon90

Guys, it's not necessary to quote the prior message every time you choose to respond. Quote it if there's something you want to emphasize, or address specifically, but quoting to enter a reply.... try the Quick Reply at the bottom of the page, or the Post Reply button.

E

I wonder how one of those sliding ragtops would look on a z since the roof isnt all that big an area, plus it might screw with the lines of the body. definitely a cool option, though. Its a wonder that something like that could be water/airtight. For what its worth, it's definitely cheaper to replace the old weatherstripping around the sunroof.

Edited by DeMoore

I wonder how one of those sliding ragtops would look on a z since the roof isnt all that big an area, plus it might screw with the lines of the body. definitely a cool option, though. Its a wonder that something like that could be water/airtight. For what its worth, it's definitely cheaper to replace the old weatherstripping around the sunroof.

Yeah im juggling the idea of replacing the ragtop thats on it now, its "Crispy" at the moment and leaks like crazy.

I had this done on a 280Z ten years ago. I went to pick and pull with a battery operated Sawzall and cut the roof off then took it to a body shop and had them put it in...

I think IIRC, the shop charged $500 to do it and told me he would never do it again as it took 4 times longer than he estimated.

My car is the subject of the thread linked in post #3 above. Speaking from over 2 1/2 years later, I still feel that re-skinning the roof was one of the best things I have done to the car. Zero regrets.

I'm planning on doing this too through the same person you used Arne. I've now got 3 possible donor roofs so he should be happy with one of them once I get the spare money to do it! Probably sometime this summer hopefully.

Greg