IGNORED

'74 260z

Regan

Hi, I recently became the owner of a '74 260z. She's in pretty good shape but I am wanting to get her running and looking great. The car is a California car, no rust. I would like do a thorough tune-up and replace the carborator.Considering re-paint and weatherstrips, chrome window trims and possibly the bumpers (even thought the bumpers are really decent). Where is the best source for parts? Any good manuals available? Any info would be appreciated.... Mike

Mike,

Welcome.

I don't know if anyone has the weatherstrip kits. We haven't had completes for a couple of years. That's the bad news.

The good news..... We have you covered on the earlier carbs. Buying used is also an option but at this late stage in the life of Hiitachi SUs whatever you might pick up would probably need some love to het up to speed. Happy to chat with you though, any time.

Welcome!! I'm tackling my carbs as we speak. I'm a beginner myself and I got my 240 a little over a month ago.

Not the same thing. His 260Z has Large Flat top carbs. Completely different monster than your 3 or 4 screw round top SU's.

Most people toss the flat tops or sell them as Boat anchors....

And Full weatherstripping kits are readily available. I too have a 260Z and recently bought a full kit from MSA.

Dave

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

Not the same thing. His 260Z has Large Flat top carbs. Completely different monster than your 3 or 4 screw round top SU's.

Most people toss the flat tops or sell them as Boat anchors....

And Full weatherstripping kits are readily available. I too have a 260Z and recently bought a full kit from MSA.

Dave

Just meant It as the same thing were trying to do, I know they are different. Don't know how but I know they are LOL. do people not toss the round tops?