IGNORED

ZAdventure 2011

torker

The 260 finally made its first big road trip. Not too many pics. It was a pretty fast trip. We/ me and my son have been working on his 260 for about a year. All the fuel,coolant and brake lines have been replaced. including all the lines at the tank. Repacked front bearings and greased all joints. New driveshaft built. Installed a 5-speed. New header and 2 1/2" exhaust. Lots of susp. bushings replaced. Added a relay to the headlights. Added a fuse panel under the hood. My son found black seats and door panels and dyed the rest . Then we painted it over Christmas and installed new door and hatch weatherstrip.

On to the trip. We left Wichita about 11:30 New Years day. Should have left earlier but were a little hung over:beer: The starter solenoid stuck at the first gas stop in Pratt. Which is weird because I had an auto electric shop rebuild it with Bosch parts. We push started the car and drove to the Auto Parts. Took it off and had them test it which it passed:ermm: Bolted it back on and headed out. Made it almost to Clovis NM. when the fuel filter plugged up. Glad I bought one in Pratt. We drained and rinsed the tank awhile back and changed the filter but I had a feeling we would have to do this again.

We got to Sierra Vista Az. about 6 Sunday and when we were leaving for the airport on Monday it started to bog again. It was at 1/4 tank. We filled the car and it ran fine. So maybe the pump is getting weak.

It was a blast driving this car across country. We had people pointing at us from rest stops, girls taking our picture and cops checking us out but not pulling us over.:cool: Too cool. I told my son if he decides to ever sell it he better call me first:classic:zadventure3.jpg

zadventure4.jpg

P1090387.jpg

zadventure5.jpg

Edited by torker
title

You forgot to stop by or even honk as you flew by my house! :disappoin

Would of liked to seen both of you and the car. How is that 240 window crank working in the 260? (chop, cut rebuild) That drive you took is a pretty one. Remember that Branson is in late May early June. Cop pulled me over north of Branson, said he didn't see my tag. He really wanted to see the car, he later admidted. LOL

Bonzi Lon

I know it Lonnie. I wanted to but we got going way late and I had a 19 yo that had to be back at base. I wish we could have just celebrated New Years on the road and taken more time. Even the bodywork and paint happened in two weeks:stupid: But I had back surgery 2 months ago so I had to wait for my son to come home and do 99 % of it.

If you looked at it close you would find a lot of sins but it sure gets the looks. I am kinda proud of the grill. Taylor was adament about no front bumper so I added 3 rows of 1/4" bar and mounts for blinkers. He didn't like the blinkers, one was broken:mad:

If I planned the trip we would have taken 3+ days and lots of pics and stops...

The modded window regulator works great btw. I measured very very carefully but it seemed to come out a little long. When the window is partway down the roller gets right to the edge of the track, then when it passes that point it pulls back in.

I changed the title of this thread so maybe you have some pics of Branson. It doesn't have to be 2011

Edited by torker
add answer

Great story - there are few things in life that are quite as enjoyable as a road trip with your son in an early Z.

FWIW,

Carl B.

You got that right. Never had so many young women checking out this old man er car:cool: