IGNORED

First time Z owner

Perfect240Z

• 4 months later...

My car is finally home!! It took a long long time. But we are done moving into our new house, I rented a truck and trailer and took my baby home. Now the fun can begin. I'm going to attempt a rebuild of the orignial l24. When I get some money after a long time LOL I'll hopefully get to building a rebello stroker motor. I want to stay period correct but at the same time I want the car to be what I expect it to be. Fun, exciting, sounds amazing, and a head turner.

Well today was the day that I started on getting my Z going better. My friend and I took out the transmission that is supposed to be a 5 speed, but seems to only be 4. took off part of the exhaust which is completely rusted and wasn't even put on right anwas leaking all over. We also took off my valve cover to see how the cam area looked. Maybe you guys can tell me how everything looks, I now it looks dirty but overall how bad? My Cam gear seems to be either chipped or crack, I took a pic and hopefully someone can tell me how bad it is. Hopefully I can get a engine crane and motor stand this week when I get paid and I finish paying some bills :)

post-23144-14150815608591_thumb.jpgpost-23144-14150815608591_thumb.jpg

post-23144-1415081560933_thumb.jpg

post-23144-14150815609912_thumb.jpg

post-23144-141508156105_thumb.jpg

post-23144-14150815611102_thumb.jpg

post-23144-14150815611749_thumb.jpg

What head is that?

btw, the engine has already been opened, at the very least the head has been off.

Why would you want to rebuild it?

How can you tell it's been rebuilt? the car doesn't run all that well. Its an e33 head. The car won't really get up to speed going down the street. Maybe around 30-40 mph. And that's into 4th gear. :(

If your going to take apart the exhaust take it out carefully that lookms like a cliford exhaust parts like someone expected a lot of people hear would love that system if that is the case.

Whats so special about a cliford manifold? Ive never heard of it.