IGNORED

First time Z owner

Perfect240Z

Yes.......a series 1 free car.....that looks pretty good.... Not like Im the luckiest man in the world. I pay the price of not making a Loy of money after my lay off and going to work there.

Complaints about what you make or have don't get you far in life. I like my work yet in 2009 Forbes put my profession as the 5th lowest paid job for what you do and need to know. Even some people I supervise make more, you got to love what you do and do it. You find worrying about what you have and have not will make your life suck.

Complaints about what you make or have don't get you far in life. I like my work yet in 2009 Forbes put my profession as the 5th lowest paid job for what you do and need to know. Even some people I supervise make more, you got to love what you do and do it. You find worrying about what you have and have not will make your life suck.

I fell into the animal world, I've lost my passion I loved when I saved animals and found them home, not did daycare.....but yeah I know what you mean, im thankful that I at least have this job as a supervisor. At least I can use that title for me finding another one so I can spend lots of money on my baby!;) Don't tell my wife lolLOL

I fell into the animal world, I've lost my passion I loved when I saved animals and found them home, not did daycare.....but yeah I know what you mean, im thankful that I at least have this job as a supervisor. At least I can use that title for me finding another one so I can spend lots of money on my baby!;) Don't tell my wife lolLOL

It's funny I've done some work outside of my field it wasn't bad and I didn't mind it at the time but I would have gone nuts if that was my career.

You have one financial advantage over me with the Z, that is they are more common in your area, which means you are more likely to find them in salvage yards and people with parts in your area. Most of the time I need to order salvage parts or new parts, pay for shipping and all that. Colorado and Arizona was very good for parts it was a lot easier to take care of these cars, but around hear I might as well be driving a one off.

While cleaning the carb don't tighten the screws to the float chamber you will need to adjust the float once it's back on the car. Also pull out the manual when reinstalling the needles they need to be as accurate as possible on the height. Don't tighten the screws a whole lot I see this way to much just enough that you see the lock washer become flat.

It's funny I've done some work outside of my field it wasn't bad and I didn't mind it at the time but I would have gone nuts if that was my career.

You have one financial advantage over me with the Z, that is they are more common in your area, which means you are more likely to find them in salvage yards and people with parts in your area. Most of the time I need to order salvage parts or new parts, pay for shipping and all that. Colorado and Arizona was very good for parts it was a lot easier to take care of these cars, but around hear I might as well be driving a one off.

While cleaning the carb don't tighten the screws to the float chamber you will need to adjust the float once it's back on the car. Also pull out the manual when reinstalling the needles they need to be as accurate as possible on the height. Don't tighten the screws a whole lot I see this way to much just enough that you see the lock washer become flat.

The needles looked really good after I finished rinsing them last night. I haven't measured the float yet, I'll be doing that later tonight. Im making some gaskets right now before doing any reinstalling.

If your .1mm off on the needles you will have a hell of a time getting the carbs to balance. to adjust the floats they need to be in the car. what I made was two tubes with right angles that I screw into the drain it work with them installed I run the car and see what level I get and work until I get the proper height. I made a mark after I did it the first time so I know how high it needs to be

Just took the intake manifold off. Man is it pretty carbony in there too. Iim going to do a soak tonight on this part as I did to the carbs. After I'm done with this I'll put them back on and do the fluid drain. Already took out some coolant while taking off the manifold. That was a screw up on my part nor knowing how much coolant would spill out. I have to do a major wipe down tomorrow.

Just took the intake manifold off. Man is it pretty carbony in there too. Iim going to do a soak tonight on this part as I did to the carbs. After I'm done with this I'll put them back on and do the fluid drain. Already took out some coolant while taking off the manifold. That was a screw up on my part nor knowing how much coolant would spill out. I have to do a major wipe down tomorrow.

I would not have done that you should now replace the exhaust/intake gasket. Otherwise you might have leaks.

I would not have done that you should now replace the exhaust/intake gasket. Otherwise you might have leaks.

Ohh im replacing all the gaskets that I'm coming across, I have a gasket sheet so I'm making my own for all the little gaskets I come across. The exhaust/intake gasket I know needs to be replaced after I have taken off the intake manifold. We don't want leaks now. Thanks for the heads up;) I'm trying to def stay on top of things.

Haven't made any updates on here, but Im still making my gaskets for my parts I have off, I've been a little lazy lately with a new dog in the house and manager training going on, Im actually not going to make all my gaskets after all. Main reason being is the xacto cutting is very tedious. So I will be buying the rest from autozone. The last ones being the hardest which are the float gaskets.