IGNORED

Sold on LEDs

SteveJ

I just installed the EP-34 last weekend. I bought them on Amazon-no hassling with a guy at the parts counter ;-) Pretty easy, just get some 1/4" female spades and some ring terminals, ground the "E" tab as previously mentioned and the stock connector has only one way it can plug into the relay. I wish I could have found a better way to mount the relay. I pretty much just had to zip-tie it somewhere. Of course, it's so light it doesn't really matter I guess. And I am glad it still makes the clicking sound! Anyway, thanks everybody for this thread :-)

• 1 month later...

I was talking to a local buddy who put LEDs in his dash gauges and he says the dimmer works fine for him. I looked at him like he was nuts, but he swears it's true. I'll verify with my own two beady eyes when I get a chance. I don't know what lights he used, but maybe some of them are dimmable?

Failing that, I think one of the PWM dimmers we were talking about before in your ding-dong thread ought to work.

Let me get some details from my local guy first. If he's got a dimmable option, that would certainly be the easiest.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just installed a 4-chip LED festoon bulb in the '97 and that darned thing just lights up the whole cabin! Granted, the clear plastic cover lets all that light get around the cabin, but it's better than the old filament bulb, although I may look for the same thing in warm white some time.

post-1411-0-12633800-1439253116_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Will that work on a mixed set of lamps (LED and filament?)  I didn't see the usual ground terminal.

I'm satisfied with the flasher unit I have, so will your handle the hazard lamps?  That's the only one  still need.

Edited by TomoHawk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Getting ready to do the LED thing.  Steve, did you use all white or colors for different applications.  Yellow-side & turn.  Red-tail & clear-license & reverse.  Using the same adjustable flasher that you have. Thanks for your help.

Edited by dcoop46