Datsun Coin - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Datsun Coin

Featured Replies

Isn't that just a regular silver proof coin with a Datsun 240Z sticker on one side?

A 1 oz. coin (99.9 pure silver) goes for over $325., so it just might be a bargain.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
A 1 oz. coin (99.9 pure silver) goes for over $325., so it just might be a bargain.

1 oz. silver coin melt value is $27.65 at today's silver price.

http://www.kitcosilver.com/charts/24hoursspot.html

WTF is an INR?

Indian Rupee

More info....interesting

http://lunaticg.blogspot.com/2009/09/sport-car-coin-datsun-240z.html

Edited by motorman7

1 oz. silver coin melt value is $27.65 at today's silver price.

http://www.kitcosilver.com/charts/24hoursspot.html

...

Yeah, gotta watch out for that whole numismatic coin scam. Most of the companies out there are selling gold and silver coins at way above their actual worth. I read an article a while back about a lot of people getting ripped off that way, thinking they were making a good investment. Pays to do your research I guess.

I wonder how long it will be until the dollar is worth the same as an INR.

Yeah, gotta watch out for that whole numismatic coin scam. Most of the companies out there are selling gold and silver coins at way above their actual worth. I read an article a while back about a lot of people getting ripped off that way, thinking they were making a good investment. Pays to do your research I guess.

I agree on that. You have to know your stuff. I usually talk with my dad to see what coins are good. That is more his bag. I just dabble in it.

The people that minted this are the Perth Mint. They mint many silver coins and are said to be a reputable outfit, from what I can tell. If I were to buy one, I would get it from them, not from an ebay seller. It is an actual coin from Tuvalu. They mint all sorts of coins. It is a way for them to make extra cash. Not a rich state to say the least.

The people that minted this are the Perth Mint. They mint many silver coins and are said to be a reputable outfit, from what I can tell. If I were to buy one, I would get it from them, not from an ebay seller. It is an actual coin from Tuvalu. They mint all sorts of coins. It is a way for them to make extra cash. Not a rich state to say the least.

here's the link:

http://www.perthmint.com.au/catalogue/datsun-240z-1ozsilver-proof-coin.aspx

I might buy one just so I can say I have a mint Z.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.