IGNORED

WTB 1973 Bumper Rubber Parts

jaltman

I'm going to need bumper rubber too for my 73. Its getting paint right now and I would love to have it all together by spring. Let me know if you find a solution. I also need some of the chrome carrage bolts that hold the rear bumper together. I have a good rear bumper in pieces.

There is a seller on Australian Ebay running items for front and rear bumper rubbers plus the end rubber caps. Auctions currently have 25 days to go, items are said to be in Australia.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DATSUN-NISSAN-240Z-260Z-FRONT-BUMPER-BAR-RUBBER-INSERTS-/130450238499?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e5f70ac23

Front rubbers are BIN AUS$69.95.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DATSUN-NISSAN-240Z-260Z-REAR-BUMPER-BAR-RUBBER-INSERTS-/130450239094?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e5f70ae76

Rear Bumper Rubber Set BIN AUS $79.95

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DATSUN-NISSAN-240Z-260Z-REAR-BUMPER-BAR-RUBBER-END-CAP-/130450248725?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e5f70d415

Bumper Rubber End Caps Pair BIN AUS$30.00

Might be easier to go with what somebody else already seems to be doing rather than going to the extra trouble yourselves.

I know nothing about the seller or the quality of the items. Looks like this seller has them in some quantity and has likely accessed a manufacturer / supplier. The ads I have noted from this seller in the past have all been for reproduction panels and parts for older cars.

Edited by boyblunda
Additional Information

Can someone actually reproduce this rubber????? That is very cool... What would a set cost?

I would have to have a set to work with to know cost but, I don't seek profit in this. Mark and I are driving a business in Atlanta crazy with the Porsche rubber parts. He wants to be an exclusive distributor and mark the stuff up like crazy, then he commits to 100 and backs out and only wants 20. We gave up on him. This is just an aside to Marks normal manufacturing business. He makes architectural grade stuff.

For example, a Porsche 914 front targa top seal which costs $400 - Mark makes and sells for $169.00. That is cost plus a little to cover the reverse engineering time.

The real plan would be to talk Les Cannaday into having his source make them. He has a source that is about ready to pick up where Precision left off. Someone call Les... ;)

• 6 months later...

OK I will bite who is Les and how do I call him? I am in desperate need of a set for my 73. In fact would take two sets. Am thinking about buying a set for a 74 and see if I can shorten them and make them work.

• 1 month later...

Can you make the curved bumper fillers also? They have the metal piece inbeded in them? Or are we talking about the vertical bumper strips only? I believe I have a NOS set that I had put away for the front bumper and I have about 5 or 6 sets of the fillers ranging from poor to good cond. they are not show quality but probaly could be used for a mold. I have an older bumper on the car now and was planning on going back to original when I start my restoration.