IGNORED

my NEW 500$ 240ZZZee!

bounce

Congrats!!! Now get to work. You gotta lot of work in front of ya. Just remember, most panels are replacable and remove as much rust as possible on the ones you're keeping, treat the rust with a Rust Mort or some sort of Phosphoric Acid to stop the rust. Coat it with a POR15 to seal and stop it completely.

have fun with it.

Dave

I see an Arizona plate yet a radio station sticker starting with W which is for stations east of the Mississippi river. Where has this old gal been living, do you know?

What do the bottoms of the floor boards look like?

Oh yeh, and you need carbs........ Nyuck nyuck!!

Wow, that's going to be fun. Good luck with her. She'll need some TLC.

I think it's funny how there's a radar detector in the car. Also, do all S30's that need to be saved come with a battery strapped down like that? Mine has that, too. LOL

it's mftd date is 71/10 or 10/71 :) I was born 9/71

the floorboards are apparent;y, so far, rust free...peeked under the carpet...loooked underneath the car....

the motor is partially undressed, cuz the prev.owner redid the valve cover gasket; broke a plug wire and has not replaced the plug wire...but was driving it before the rocker/valve cover gasket R&r...

the bumper sticker owner was a professorr apparently at the NAU campus here....(hot bed of liberal activity)...

the Z has been in Flagstaff for over 25 year,s so I'm told by another neighboor :) ...

the plan is to have a primer grey Z for a few years... stop deterioration/rust, get'er ready to hunt rx-7s and old supras :) (haven't seen either in Flagstaff....)

I have "Osfo" as my dad called it....I was going to get on the exterior immediately....

I'm not certain how to treat rust like I'm looking at....but was guessing to removed the dead "flesh"....sand to metal, and or treat with Ospho, prime, glass, prime... ?

unsure of fender flares but that would prolly hide alot of the rust work... what say u?

sanding disks, primer spray paint....and some polyester resign, micro ballons? (or Bondo?) and cloth for the tail...all though I prefer the slick, no spoiler look...minus bumpers as well....

I'm gonna get a replacement plug wire set...mount a new battery, synthetic oil and put air in the tires...and drive it!.......uhh...to my mechanic...LOL....I'll have him look at it...

any advice? thanks fellas....

Edited by bounce