IGNORED

Z shops

maeckj

What suburb are you in? I am in Hudson. Welcome to the forum.

I see you posted the same question at zoom. Unfortunately the answer from me is going to be the same. No Z specific shops in the area. Fortunately, you could order the rebuild kit from ztherapy.com and you will get pretty much all the help you need in the kit (Just SU's DVD) and here from members. I think you might be able to get a wiring harness here too. Check out the classifieds. I have a 73 dash harness in a cracked dash right now if that is part of your problem. Let me know.

Good luck.

John

John

Thanks John, yeah I posted this one first not thinking about ZOOM.

So do you think I could do a rebuild myself don't really want to start taking it apart and not be able to put it back together.

thanks,

Jordan

Jordan, if you are running round top SU carbs on your 73 and the car has been sitting a while I think it would benefit from a rebuild. I can't guarantee carbs are your problem but it doesn't hurt to rebuild them.

Gas tank, fuel pump, filter and lines can also cause problems with your fuel system.

You also mentioned wiring problems. Maybe you could elaborate a little on that issue too. Obviously if you aren't getting spark your car won't run.

Yes, if you are slightly mechanically inclined and can take things apart and put them back together with instructions you can rebuild your carbs. You do 1 at a time so you have a reference if needed.

Bruce Palmer replied to your thread above. He works for ztherapy.com. If he wants to help, you should take advantage of it.

Good luck. Let me know if you need anything.

John

I cleaned up the carbs in and out and started up fine, it sounded like it was missing and i knew i didnt touch anything so i adjusted the carbs using a website i found. it idles fine starts up fine and revs fine.

my other problem is the lights in all the gauges are out followed it back and pretty sure the wire just blew up the insulator isnt close to the actual wire at all.

I agree, if Bruce offered to help take him up on it. If you are mechanically inclined you can rebuild them, just take your time and don't rush it.

If you need help, let me know.

yetterben: didn't know you were in Eau Claire. We should meet up some time. I live off Hwy 37 at the edge of town. It would be nice to have a fellow Z enthusiast close by.

John: I find that I will be heading into the cities on Tues morning and hopefully will done around noon. Maybe on the way back we could meet? I'll PM you with my details if your interested.

Eric