IGNORED

new here

If you don't have one already, take some time and search and read up on what to look for when shopping for a 240z. Rust is the big issue and a $500 car can add up to thousands more just to get it running. Good luck. If you are looking at any, post pictures. We'll help you find a good one. :)

carl

Thanks! No I haven't yet, I'm looking for a 240z. Rust free or one with no major rust, and it has to be in Florida. I'm considering a swap.. I might do one in the future once I get some money. I'll have about 10 grand to spend soon. What motor do you recommend for a swap? What are some things I should like at when buying a z?

Hard to tell from pics ,looks tidy,but a red interior is not my choice.::ermm:

You guys are so lucky in US with so many 240Zs to choose from. A 240 is a wise choice.

Edited by olzed

In terms of motor swap, it really depends.

A good starter would be to buy one with a L28 motor. This motor allows a lot of flexibility in tuning. You can keep the EFI if you want to keep reliability etc., but I'd swap some early Z SU carbs (ztherapy.com), to get that old skool feel. If you want to put that $10k towards motor work, get some triple carbs (weber, solex, mikuni). All are a good choice.

If you want to stay EFI, you can swap a L28ET motor (from the 280ZX turbo). That'll get you major power in a early Z.

Seeing as you're just getting your license, I'm assuming you're on the young side. I suggest you stay with the stock motor to learn how much power you can handle. That's the first step in not becoming the infamous "young kid that posts about wrecking his/her car" thread.

Learn your strengths and weakness, tweak the suspension for more power in the future.

Enjoy your future Z!! :)

Ya Im 15 haha but I've had this love for the z since I

was about 8-9. I've been doing research on these amazing cars. I've worked on

cars before(s14,eg,z32, kharman Gia haha) so I know some basic stuff. And I definitely don't want a lot of power yet. And spitz thanks for taking the time writing all that out, I'll do some research on l28 swaps.

That white Z looks like a great buy to me. Seller seems to be very legitimate as he has many pics and videos, and also isn't afraid to be honest about each negative aspect of the car. That extra 5.5k+ you'd have would leave you many, many options for building a great car. Good luck!

-Bryan

Ya Im 15 haha but I've had this love for the z since I

was about 8-9. I've been doing research on these amazing cars. I've worked on

cars before(s14,eg,z32, kharman Gia haha) so I know some basic stuff. And I definitely don't want a lot of power yet. And spitz thanks for taking the time writing all that out, I'll do some research on l28 swaps.

Your welcome, forums.hybridz.org has a lot of info on the L28 swaps =)

That white Z looks like a great buy to me. Seller seems to be very legitimate as he has many pics and videos, and also isn't afraid to be honest about each negative aspect of the car. That extra 5.5k+ you'd have would leave you many, many options for building a great car. Good luck!

-Bryan

I agree! Seller seems legitimate. Remember to take the car for inspection before you purchase. This is an absolute necessity. I was looking at a white Z a few weeks back, and I found out that the seals were leaking, all bushings shot, suspension all shot, blown head gasket, and much more. I'm by no means a pro mechanic, so the $45 dollars for inspection saved me thousands!