IGNORED

Thanks and Reccomendation to Zs-ondabrain Dave Irwin

Powderkeg

Just wanted to thank Dave Irwin for making a headlight harness for my 76 280Z. I needed to supply some plugs from the 280Z. The workmanship is excellent and my headlights are much brighter.

Thanks Dave.

Dave Ruiz

Edited by Powderkeg
spelling error

Yup, we all hate Dave!LOL

First, he has more Z's than I have.

Second, hell of a nice guy to talk to.

Third, he has the unmitigated nerve to offer reasonably priced goodies that fit perfectly, with excellent craftsmanship, by re-engineering and then improving on the 40 odd year-old electrical quirks in our beloved Z's.

What ever happened to shoddy workmanship and poor design?ROFL

If you like the headlight harness, try the parking light upgrade and the internally regulated alternator adapter. Both well worth the price for the improvement, quality and design.

But don't tell Dave I told you. ;)

Yes, I need to thank him as well.

He did a first class job refurbing my combination switch, works like new, even looks like new! Even the dash lights are brighter. His harness upgrades are on my list for next month as soon as I complete the suspension.

Was fun checking out his 240's & 260 as well, beautiful work...

Dave IS da' man! Everything he's done for me (headlight harness, parking light upgrade, alternator plug, and rebuild of combo and turn signal switches) was excellent, reasonably priced, and quick to get here. Oh, and everything works as advertised. Long may he wave. We are very fortunate to have him. So buy stuff from him and help support his Z habit...he's got it bad.

Cheers, Mike

Just wanted to thank Dave Irwin for making a headlight harness for my 76 280Z. I needed to supply some plugs from the 280Z. The workmanship is excellent and my headlights are much brighter.

Thanks Dave.

Dave Ruiz

And your the guy I need to thank for selling Dave an extra set of 280z plugs so he could make me a set and test fit yours. :) I also noticed a big improvement over stock, can't wait to copy Dave and get some HIDs. As Everyone else said try his parking light harness when you can, they'll brighten up all your parking light and even your dash lights.

WOW!! I'd like to say I'm "Speechless" but most of you know me better than that. Especially when it comes to Z's.

I really love this thread already. But I have all of you to thank. If it weren't for the Picky, Finicky, obsessive, compassionate, loving, caring member of this site, mainly, My work would not be what it is today. My obsession to produce a product that can not only do what it's meant to do, improve an already great car, blend in to the car, somewhat, as if it were meant to be there from the start, and make my customer want more, is most likely why I do what I do.

I can't imagine doing anything else. And not to say that I'm "ANAL" but I would have to seriously think twice about passing the torch to another, without staring over their shoulder to make sure it was done right. I do my best to keep prices fair yet competitive. Even in harder times like these.

So let's keep it going. If you have a story to share or would just like to thank me out loud, by all means. Don't let me stop ya. I need the push this week. Still got a pile of orders to get back to.

And here's to all the other contributing members of this great site. :beer:

Dave

Well, David, alright. Just so the rest of the world knows....

I send my taillights to David for an upgrade to LEDs. Dave had 'em back to me within 10 days. Plugged 'em in and they worked fine... for about a month. My pretty wifey noticed the driver side light was dark when I applied brake.

Called David. He said "Send it back!", which I did. Now, like a lot of women you hear complaining of the car NOT doing what you know it's doing when you take the car in for service... David called. Said the LEDs were working fine. I thought, "Uh-Oh. I've got a wiring issure." Not necessarily so, said David, even though his wife was thinking the same as me. The end of the story approaches....

David, while on the phone with me, starts speaking in a tongue I've never understood. That is the tongue of electrical engineer. He spoke of diodes. He spoke of double-dipped something-or-others encased in chocolate that he thought would solve my problem. Me, knowing that I didn't know what I didn't know, said "uh, sure David, whatever you think." Sure enough he was right.

Those chocolate-coated whing - dings he put in the taillight assembly solved the problem and they've worked super fine ever since.

I don't know who sells the chocolate to David Irwin, but whoever it is, sure sells good stuff....

Those chocolate-coated whing - dings he put in the taillight assembly solved the problem and they've worked super fine ever since.

I don't know who sells the chocolate to David Irwin, but whoever it is, sure sells good stuff....

My guess is Willy Wonka LOL.

-Mike

And the secret is out. Damn corporate espienage. Any other secrets ya'll wanna give away. Guess I'll have to switch to Candy coated diodes from now on.

They were Resistors by the way. I used to wire the LED's in series, (2 to 3 volt LED's in rows of 6 = 12 to 18 volt fluctuation) now I do the resistors so 12 volts is all that gets thru and this way is better for the voltage drop of old wires in the 240Z's.

Whing-dings.... That cracks me up. LOL LOL

Dave

And your the guy I need to thank for selling Dave an extra set of 280z plugs so he could make me a set and test fit yours. :) I also noticed a big improvement over stock, can't wait to copy Dave and get some HIDs. As Everyone else said try his parking light harness when you can, they'll brighten up all your parking light and even your dash lights.

Tyler,

Glad I could help! Dave did me a favor by trading a clock for the wires.

It's refreshing to deal with people like Dave & Ron at Zclcocks.com.

Dave Ruiz

• 8 months later...

I was told by many folks here to keep this up to date.

Still selling the Headlight and parking light upgrade harnesses thru MSA.

Still selling the ZX alternator upgrade plug and Sidemarker conversion plugs thru MSA

Still personally doing the LED taillight, front marker and sidemarker conversions, personally. $80 for the sidemarker inserts, $125 for the front marker light conversion and $275 for the 240Z taillight conversion. ($300 for the 260 and 280Z taillights.

Thanks again to all my current and past customers and a big welcome to new customers in the new year.

Happy New Year everyone,

Dave