IGNORED

new FREE full-color 1972 wiring diagram

saridout

what year do you have? i was going to do 73 or 71 next, but i could be persuaded otherwise...

I already have one of the huge color one's for a '70 from the seller on Ebay. It is great for quick reference but I find myself looking at the others available from FSMs or other sources also. They are all a little lacking but that's the nature of the beast. The one I want to bring back and enlarge to a black & white piece of "artwork", I found in my '70 Z's glovebox when I bought it. Really ratty and hard to read but I like it. It is from a manual of unknown origin (to me anyhow). Anyone recognize it? It is missing a lot of wiring detail and is actually 2 pages glued together. I just think it would be cool enlarged and framed as a black & white to hang in my garage. Here's a partial scan of it.

I posted this before. Here is the legend from the '70 color diagram from Ebay. I still find it hilarious!

I'm not sure how I could increase the resolution unless I emailed the scans maybe?

Better yet PM me a mailing address, then I can send the original to you to work from. It would be nice if someone had a better condition copy to start with but I've never seen this particular one elsewhere. Here are both halves scanned the best I know how. Thank you for offering to do this!

Edit: I'm using a Lexmark 1200 that I know nothing about and have never touched the settings. Is there something I can do here to get better resolution on my scans?

Edited by geezer

When fax machines used thermal paper, and copiers were abundant, sometimes the only way to enhance contrast on the thermal paper was to use a yellow cellophane sheet and adjust the copier to NOT pick up the "gray" shading of the yellow. (The copier we had at the office actually came with a yellow colored sleeve for this purpose).

This usually resulted in a much crisper and cleaner copy from the thermal paper.

E

When fax machines used thermal paper, and copiers were abundant, sometimes the only way to enhance contrast on the thermal paper was to use a yellow cellophane sheet and adjust the copier to NOT pick up the "gray" shading of the yellow. (The copier we had at the office actually came with a yellow colored sleeve for this purpose).

This usually resulted in a much crisper and cleaner copy from the thermal paper.

E

Yes, doesn't seem so long ago. Technology is advancing in leaps and bounds. Those machines must be in museums now. This paper has dirt, grease, fungus or mold and rust on it. Just like my old neglected Z had.

With todays digital technology, the end result will be much better. I'm just glad saridout has stepped up to the task. I did send him a higher resolution scan. Basically a background clean up, text/graphic enhancement will restore the original content and make it suitable for enlargement. It's not a very good "working" diagram because of the absense of the blower motor, rear heated glass or combination switch detail. More of an "artsy" nostalgic thing. Because of the two pages being glued together, there is duplication of color designation.

Enrique, I know you have seen more wiring diagrams than most. Do you know where this one originated from?

i've finished ron's 1970 diagram. here it is, free for the download. thanks ron for supplying the original.

http://sridout.com/datsun/70circuit_B&WFINAL.pdf

i may do a color version later on, when i've recovered :sleepy:

Thanks for taking the time to restore this wiring diagram Sully. It was beyond my capabilities and I thought it was important to restore it back to a ledgible copy, even if we can't identify what manual it came from. A color version would be cool too, to add to your growing list of works. I just love how they can be enlarged as much as we like, without losing any of the crisp detail. Thanks again!

• 11 months later...