IGNORED

Homemade rotisserie

cajunz

Hey guys, I saw a thread several months ago on a homemade rotisserie that involved using heavy plywood cut in a semi-circle, and was mounted on both ends of the car and used to roll the car on its side. I've searched but can't seem to find the thread. Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks,

Brent

I've seen it on Hybrid Z, search there. For what it's worth, if you're going to be working on the underside of the car (especially welding) being able to flip it all the way over is a big help. I made my rotisserie out of 3 Harbor Freight engine stands and my car has been on it for several years. I can't imagine only being able to rotate 90 degrees, that would have sucked for a lot of the welding I had to do.

Hey guys, I just completed the "rotisserie" that rolls the car 90 degrees onto its side. The thing works like a charm and materials costs less than $100. It's surprisingly sturdy and the car sits nice and stable on it. Now to start stripping the undercoating. Volunteers?

JC, yeah, I went with the wooden one. It was easy to build in a couple of hrs and it works great. I think I'm going to modify mine and put the plywood rockers on all four corners. That way you don't have to swap ends to lay the car over the other way. I just finished scraping off undercoating for the last 4 hrs and the car was solid. Nno worry about it tipping over. Highly recommend the design.

JC, yeah, I went with the wooden one. It was easy to build in a couple of hrs and it works great. I think I'm going to modify mine and put the plywood rockers on all four corners. That way you don't have to swap ends to lay the car over the other way. I just finished scraping off undercoating for the last 4 hrs and the car was solid. Nno worry about it tipping over. Highly recommend the design.

They didn't lay it on as heavy at mine then if it only took 4 hours of scraping. I've lost track on how much time it took to get rid of most of it I still need to do the tunnel. It saved the car even the paint took good under the coating

I'm no where near finished scraping on mine. I've gotten the passenger side done from the front of the floor pan back to the area near the spare tire well. Still have to do the tunnel also. I see at least another 20 hrs minimum before I'm done with this fun job. Then I'll be cleaning everything up and using POR-15 on the entire bottom of the car and also on the suspension parts.