IGNORED

Lookin for Z in CA

240G-no

The car looks like a pretty good deal if you can get it for under 3500. The body looks great, hopefully the underside is still in good shape. What the car needs to finish could run you into a couple grand more if you do a complete job, of course, some of the things it needs can be found used in fair condition which would save a lot of money in the long run.

Check for rust in the usual places. You can do a search on this site for posts relating to rust issues and where to look.

If you have the money and it's close by, I say go take a look and then decide whether or not to bid on it....

for 2500 then your not looking !!!!

i found over 8 that i had persons i know look at there and settled on the one i have now. look to the left of this post.

cost after flight and return home just over 3000

and i live in pennsylvania. so you tell me

just search and ye shall find.

Well, as far is this particular one on eBay, I'm gonna pass, because I didn't expect it to go up so much. But I would really like to find one in similar condition under 3g's. This car was super clean! Keep your eyes open for any CA 240z's. Thanks for all the help, guys.

Gino

i bought two 240z's in 2002, a full scca road race car with cage, fire system, fuel cell, full adjustable coilovers, welded diff, race seat, race tires, street tires, 3 sets of rims, plates, lots of spares and a low hours $5K rebello race motor for $3500, and a complete 73 240z with good compression and in pretty good shape (one rusty spot) for $500. the guy even towed it to my house.

a friend of mine bought a very very clean completely original 240z, NO RUST, not a spot anywhere for $2000 december 2001, original paint looks good. ran a 15.2 at sear's on street tires and the high mileage slightly tired original motor.

(all in the bay area, california)

so keep looking! the usual advice though is find the BEST car and pay whatever you need to.

-james

Wow! Those sound like helluva deals! If you can keep your eye out for me, I'd appreciate it. I have no problem driving up there! I'm would like to find one with a 2.8 already in it. It's gonna be a daily driver (for now), but I'll probabaly go ahead and do the usual suspensions upgrades cause I love the handling. So all you California people, I'm willing to make the 350 mile drive to pick up Z that's defenitely worth it! Thanks for watching out, everyone!

Gino

i know a guy with a clean 70 and a 2.8 motor, not sure if he wants to sell- i offered him $1,000 a few years back but he wasnt interested.

i looked at a 240 with a 280ZX motor (not the 280Z) with a bunch of nice upgrades and a new custom cloth interior, i passed at $1500- it had a pretty yucky green paint job. good power though.

cheap maybe, but you get what you pay for! these are no beauty queens!

-james

Damn it! I can't stop thinking about the 260 anymore! I'm really tempted to take that four hour drive to check it out. But I really rather perfer to drive four hours to actually buy it! Is there anyone on the board near the car that would do me the great favor of checking the car out for me and letting me know what it's like! I'll defenitely owe you a couple of beers! Either way, the soonest I would be able to make it out there would be until next weekend, so who knows if it'll still be around by then. I spoke to the owner and he made it sound really good. Do you guys think it's defenitely worth driving up there just to see?

Gino